Storm Subsided?... 🌩

Arjun was losing control on his anger by every passing second. He realized why Neha had emphasized that this conversation would be futile. Her conservative father was not ready to listen at all. Arjun lost his cool when Ramesh called Neha 'ungrateful'. Arjun had lost the count of tears Neha had shed craving for love and appreciation from her parents while her dad had zero concerns.

"I hate to remind you, Mr. Verma but you had been an ungrateful father who blamed his daughter because she denied to marry a cheater, a creep who had hidden his medical condition." Arjun glowered.

Ramesh was shocked. He gritted his teeth in anger while Arjun continued, "You and your wife have been insulting your own daughter while she has cried countless times craving for your love and affection".

Neha could not take it anymore. She had sobbing all this while but she realized that Arjun was the right choice. Her man had proudly stood for her. "I hate to break this news to you, Mr. Verma, but your daughter does not deserve ungrateful parents like you".

"Enjoy the tea and leave, you incredulous man!" Ramesh yelled at Arjun.

Piyush had enough. Glaring at his father, he stated, "Papa, Neha di is the most brilliant amongst us who has been exceling in her career on her own while you people never acknowledged her".

"I know you chose Varun because he has offered to help you mitigate the loss you had in a recent deal. I found out everything." Piyush muttered, challenging his father to deny his facts. When he had told Varun that he would not get to marry his sister last night, Varun had told him everything. Varun had, in fact, stated Neha deserved someone she liked because he still loved his ex. He had simply, agreed for this wedding because of his pestering family and the society's idea of a well-settled married life. Varun had stated that he regretted his deeds after talking to Neha and he had decided to mend his ways.

"Neha di will marry this man day after tomorrow", Piyush said pointing at Arjun. Glowering at his father, he challenged, "No matter you like it or not".

"Over my dead body", Ramesh deadpanned. The old man hated to break down before his son but he was disappointed for he had realized that Piyush had found out his vulnerabilities.

Everyone inside the room, including Neha and Arjun were shocked. Neha could not believe her ears. Her father was trading her for a business deal. She was thankful that she had Arjun in her life otherwise she would have succumbed to the demands of her parents to be a perfect daughter. She felt ashamed of her parents.

"Gupta ji, try and understand. Our children love each other. Let's forget the differences. Let's bless them in their marriage day after tomorrow." Ajay suggested. Very diplomatically, he still wanted to handle the situation, while his son and Piyush were ready to create a mess or perhaps, Ramesh had already created a mess of Neha's life. He pitied the poor girl.

"I don't accept this marriage", Ramesh muttered, feeling insulted.

"Neha, I didn't expect this from you. I asked you to make sure that you never ruined my family's name when you chose to work. I think I made a mistake to let you take this job. If you have some dignity left, ask them to leave and marry the first guy I choose for you." Ramesh turned to his daughter.

Neha was waiting for her father to say something so that she could reply. "Papa, I had already decided to marry Arjun without your presence. His parents insisted that you must know about your daughter's wedding so that you can bless us. I have realized that I had always been a burden for you. I never expected that you would trade me like a commodity for some profit in your business. I am done with you." She finally said it, controlling her tears. Her sister held her by her shoulders to prevent her breakdown.