His Bride ♥️

"Hello girlfriend, this is the last time I am talking to you", Arjun spoke over the phone, laughing his heart out. He was pretty excited for the day. Clad in his wedding dress, his reflection indeed, had earned an awe from him.

He looked handsome and the radiant glow of happiness on his face was amazing. He was the happiest man on the Earth today, after all, he was getting married to the love of his life.

"Arjun... why are you saying this?" Neha panicked from the other side. She was still getting ready for her wedding but Arjun's words had left her scared. Her face turned pale at the mere thought of being left alone at the wedding altar. Her breath hitched as tears pooled in her eyes.

"After two hours, I will talk with my wife, my dear Neha", Arjun chuckled clueless about Neha's fears laughing at his own stupid joke.

"You are an idiot", she yelled at him, gritting her teeth, not knowing what she would do with this man! The round red bindi on her forehead matched with the crimson hues on her face upon hearing the word, 'wife'.

"Are you ready?" He asked, adjusting his watch on his wrist.

She just hummed wearing the set of golden bangles, he had got for her. The design was indeed, sleek and elegant, just like her. She was all set for the wedding. Clad in a classic red and green Banarasi sari, Neha was dolled up as Arjun's bride. Her sleek, black hair were neatly tied into a bun while a few loose strands embellished her face. With shimmery brown, kohled eyes and bright red lips, she was ready to jump into her fairy-tale!

"I cannot wait to see you, Neha. My dear Sneha!" Arjun husked, overwhelmed with the idea of getting married to Neha, his Neha! Neha blushed hard biting her lips anxiously. She smiled listening to Bruno's woof in the backdrop.

Her trance was broken when an irritated Piyush yelled at her. "Di, please leave this phone for once. We need to reach before the muharrat. You people can do much more than talking after your wedding." Her eyes went wide upon hearing Piyush while Arjun chuckled.

"Piyush, I will kill you", she yelled as he snatched her phone. Showing his tongue, he teased her, "I know you won't".

"Have you reached at the venue, jijaji?" Piyush asked over the phone.

"Not yet. Just coming. We will reach in thirty-five minutes." Arjun muttered. He was busy making Bruno wear the maroon dog-coat that had golden border. The sweet Labrador was indeed, the cupid in Neha and Arjun's love story!

"It will take an hour to us", Piyush replied.

"No issues. We will see all the arrangements in the meanwhile." Arjun said and Piyush thanked him before disconnecting the call.

With happy tears in his eyes, Piyush smiled at his sister who was indeed, glowing like the most beautiful bride.

"You are looking amazing", he whispered, his voice was hoarse because he missed his parents. They should have been there for Neha, their daughter but it was as a shame that they chose not to be a part of the most important day of their daughter's life.

"Thanks to your talented wife, Piyush. She suggested this look to the beautician and the results turned out amazing." Neha said with a full-blown smile. Sheetal had indeed, been a great help. She had chosen to stay beside Neha and help her choose her look instead of getting ready.

"She is the best", Piyush blushed.

"Are they ready?" Neha enquired, grabbing her phone and her purse.

"Yes, we are!" Both Piya and Sheetal chimed in together. They both looked great.

With forlorn smiles, everyone embarked the journey to the temple, venue of the wedding. They were pretty excited for Neha who was beginning her new journey but they were deeply saddened with the absence of Ramesh and Anju.

Neha was amazed to see the beautiful temple decorated with dark red roses and jasmine flowers. The wedding altar was elegantly decorated with fresh flowers in front of the magnificent idol of Goddess Durga. The priest had already sat alongside Arjun and he had begun chanting the auspicious mantras.

Arjun was truly, bedazzled looking at his innocent bride smiling at him. Clad in a traditional sari, she looked like a perfect bride, his bride! His breath hitched as she walked towards him. Her intriguing eyes radiated happiness and her deep-red, kissable lips had a wide smile. Radha helped Neha sit beside Arjun who was awestruck looking at his beautiful bride.

Amidst the audience were a few colleagues along with their friends and family. Amaya and Atul were a part of this ceremony too, proud of Neha for choosing her love and happiness. Bruno was sitting in the lap of Ajay thoroughly enjoying the ceremony binding Neha and Arjun, his favorite people!

The bride and groom stood up to exchange the garlands when a car stopped in front of the temple. Piyush was shocked to see Ramesh and Anju entering inside the temple with Varun. The last thing he needed was a drama!

A shiver ran down her spine as she clutched Arjun's hand. Neha was afraid that her parents would create a scene in her wedding. The presence of Varun scared her even more. Ramesh and Anju removed their footwear and walked upto the bride and groom. Arjun was raging in anger while his family was shocked too.

"God bless you, kids", Ramesh whispered remorsefully. Neha looked at Varun who was smiling at her. Ramesh kept his palms on the heads of both Neha and Arjun, a gesture to bless them a very happy married life.

"What?" Arjun asked, shocked while Neha smiled looking at her mother who gave her an assuring gesture.

"After the conversation with your family, we left for Saharanpur. On the way, we went to Varun's house. Talking with Varun gave us a whole new perspective and we understood the power of your love that shall bind you together forever in this lifetime. I am sorry, son. I am sorry, Neha for not treating you well. I hope you will forgive this old man." Ramesh mumbled in a hoarse voice, treacherous tears ready to spill from his eyes. He gulped, joining his hands before Arjun.

Like a great guy, Arjun held both of his hands and said, "I will keep your daughter happy forever and if I don't, you have a right to scold me, Pa."

"Elders don't join their hands before their children", Arjun said hugging his father-in-law wholeheartedly. Looking at his father, he beamed in happiness, thankful to Ajay for making a decision of informing Neha's parents.

From the corner of her eyes, Neha looked at Varun and mumbled a 'thank you' as her happiness increased manifolds. If not Varun, her parents would have never blessed her on her wedding. Her siblings beamed with happiness and she was glad too. After all, she finally had no regrets.

"Thank you, Ma and Papa", she said hugging her parents and her heart fluttered when her dad told her, "Neha, I am proud of you".

Her eyes had happy tears and she was glad that her makeup was waterproof. Her mother whispered, "You have been a wonderful daughter, Neha and I am sorry to have failed to be a good mother".

Neha murmured, "Thank you for being here for me" hugging her parents wholeheartedly, feeling welcomed finally. Neha could never forget those inhumane taunts but she could at least be thankful to her parents for finally coming around.

Finally Neha and Arjun exchanged their garlands in the presence of their complete families. After the jaimala, the priest continued to chant sermons and the couple circumvented around the holy fire promising the vows of togetherness, affection and joy.