The Unexpected Storm 🌩

Neha woke up in sturdy arms of her boyfriend, wrapped around her securely, upon hearing the shrill ringtone of her phone. It was a pleasant Sunday after a long night and Neha was hoping to spend some time with Arjun and Bruno at his place. Her first instinct was to snooze the alarm but when it did not happen, she realized it was a phone call.

"Who is it, early in the morning?" She muttered under breath and blinked her groggy eyes open before scrunching her nose. It was the call from security guard of her housing society.

Confused, she picked up the call, and muttered a 'hello'. She was not expecting the security guard to call her at six in the morning.

"Madam, you have guests asking for your address", the security guard informed and Neha was surprised. She wondered who the intruders were. Even before she could ponder and decide, she got a call from her father. Her face turned pale and her body shivered, as she saw Arjun lying peacefully, next to her.

"Let me talk to the guest", she muttered, as her body began to sweat. Were her parents downstairs? The thought popped up in her mind and her heart lamented. Her parents were the last people on the planet she wanted to meet early in the morning.

Her phone was passed to the old man and all she heard was an angry command, "Neha, ask this stupid security guard to escort us to your house and designate the parking area for my car". She shivered in fear of getting caught with Arjun as she realized her parents had arrived while she was sleeping peacefully with her boyfriend.

"Ji, Papa", she managed to mumble and instructed the security guard, "Bhaiya, help my parents to park the car and bring their luggage to my apartment".

Her breath quickened. She had very less time to wake up Arjun and ask him to leave. She had not planned her day like this. She wanted to shower some love on Bruno and get loved by Arjun. She was expecting to talk to Arjun's parents who made her feel loved and wanted. She wished to run away instead of facing her parents.

"Arjun", she hissed, shaking his body vigorously.

"Hey, love", he husked groggily, wrapping his sturdy arms around her small waist, craving for some morning romance. She would have melted in his arms and kissed his lips hard, if her parents were not in picture but all the dirty thoughts flew out of her mind as she mumbled, "My parents are downstairs".

"What?", Arjun asked sitting up. He felt like a teenager who was caught with his under-aged girlfriend. Now that, he knew the background Neha was brought up in, he realized it would be a scandal if he would be caught in her house early in the morning. Things would run downhill and Neha's parents might do something with her that he might not like.

"I am leaving, Neha. Take care." He mumbled, pecking her forehead as he got up from the bed. Correcting his clothes, he grabbed his phone and his socks. Within seconds, he wore the shoes and moved towards the door. Before running out, he yelled, "Remove the ash-tray, Neha".

Moving towards the elevator, Arjun sighed. He was not afraid of getting caught with Neha. They were adults and they were rightfully eligible to choose their partners however, he did not Neha to suffer anymore. He hated her parents for not supporting her while she wanted to built up a career.

His heart wrenched when he wondered that her own parents called her names while Rahul insulted her. He knew if someone would have insulted Radha, his dad might have burnt him alive instead of distrusting his daughter but unfortunately, his Neha was not lucky in this regard.

As the elevator opened, Arjun saw the security guard along with an old couple. The lady was simple and timid, as she held a handbag. Wearing a beige-coloured silk sari with a pallu covering her head, Arjun realized that Neha's family was too conservative to his liking. He was proud of Neha, though. His girl was a free bird who not just dreamt to be independent but had grabbed her freedom graciously.