The adamant Mrinalini 😍

Do read the author's note in the end.

●●●●●●●●●●♥️●●●●●●●●●●

Arjun was surprised to see his mother humming her favourite tune and cooking delicacies in the kitchen. The woman who always missed the presence of house-helps in his house was today, cooking with immense enthusiasm. He glanced at his father who was sitting on the couch and pretending to read the newspaper but Arjun knew from his body language that his father was disinterested in the newspaper. Even Bruno seemed to more energetic today.

“Are we have guests coming over today?”, Arjun asked only to receive a chuckle from his mother.

“Yes, son! Get ready soon. Your bride is coming today.” Mrinalini jibed at her clueless son. Neha’s protective nature towards Bruno had surely won her heart. She knew something was terribly wrong with her son perhaps, due to Neha.

She wanted to give both of them a chance to maybe, clarify things between themselves. She did not mean to intrude for she knew that they both were adults but her motherly love gave her an intuition that both her kids were on wrong track.

Ajay looked at his wife with amusement in his eyes while her son reprimanded her, “Are you done with your nonsense?”

Arjun used to lose his temper rarely but this time, he was frustrated on himself. He was going back to his room, when his mother yelled, “Bruno seemed to be close to someone in the park so I have invited her on lunch today”, still smirking at Arjun.

It did not take a fraction of second for Arjun to realize that Bruno could just be close to Neha in the park. He was pissed off at his parents. He could not understand why his parents cannot respect the opinion of Neha. “I did not expect this from you, Papa”, Arjun said to his father with utter disappointment in his eyes.

“Look, I didn’t do, I mean...” Ajay tried to reason, he wanted to tell his son that he respected Arjun’s opinion but Mrinalini was done with this attitude of her son.

“You know, I am sorry, son! I didn’t know that I am a guest here and I cannot invite people I like”, she reprimanded Arjun, glaring at him with anger in her eyes as she caught his wrist and eyed at the breakfast table gesturing Arjun that he needed to finish his meal.

“Hey, mummy. It is nothing like that. It’s just that, I know you have invited Neha.” Arjun tried to explain and come out clean, before his parents, as he sat on the dining table while his mother served him breakfast. She placed another plate for Ajay and gestured him to eat too.

“So what’s wrong?”, she asked as she served herself, the delicious paranthas stuffed with cottage cheese.

“I had asked her out and she had denied. I mean, I wanted to date her but she doesn’t want to.” He told his parents munching upon his food.
“So what? Be friends. You both are colleagues, right!” Ajay reasoned nonchalantly subtly informing his wife to stop her matchmaking ways.

“I cannot, Papa. Whenever I see her dull face, I want to make her smile. I am a goner.” Arjun blushed hard as his ears turned pink while he confessed his feelings for her with a smile on his face. As her face flashed before him, he muttered, “She is so tall and beautiful, just perfect for me”, with a smile on his face.

“So, try to pursue her?” Ajay mumbled, trying not to laugh while his wife was glaring at both of them. She wanted to know what was stopping Arjun to pursue Neha.

“No, I want to respect her opinion. If she doesn’t want to be with me. I cannot force her.” He told his father with determination in his eyes to abide by his decision while his heavy voice wanted to tell that he wanted to go back to Neha, engulf her in his muscular arms and profess his feelings.