Kiss under the Night Sky 😘

Standing in front of the mirror inside the bathroom, Neha was horrified to see her face. Her eyes were puffy and she could see the stains of her smudged eyeliner, due to all the tears she had shed.

“Wow! Arjun got to see the worst look of yours.” Her brain taunted, mortifying her even more.

Her heart dragged her attention to her smudged lipstick and a coy smile played on her lips as she touched them, missing the touch of his soft lips. “What if your parents come to know?” A small voice inside her nagged her and she simply, smiled.

“I have committed myself to him, I cannot ditch him. I will face my parents.” She thought. Now that she had taken a decision, there was no going back. All she wished was, Arjun to love her eternally.

Briefly smiling to herself, she washed her face, rubbing her cheeks furiously to wipe out the blush she had. She had to get ready for the supper/dinner tonight. She was pretty excited for her date, the first official date after a long series of confessions. She could not believe that Arjun actually loved her.

He is way too smart and handsome, how could he settle for someone like me? She thought but her heart had an answer, the same answer Piya had told her, “Because he had felt the connection”.

She glanced at her wardrobe, wondering what to wear when her eyes got glued at the pink colored, chiffon tunic with full sleeves and collared neck. It was not a dress appropriate for the date but it seemed a bit chilly tonight. It was February, the chilly winters had ended but still, the weather was cooler in comparison to the scorching heat of summers.

Neha did not even bother to change the denims, she was wearing. She dabbed a bit of compact and applied her favorite strawberry flavored lip-gloss. Tying her hair in a sleek ponytail, she got ready. She had not put on makeup for she knew Arjun was waiting for her.

On the other hand, Arjun had spent generous time in the washroom, calming himself! All he could think was, her soft lips. He called his parents and informed that they were right. Neha loved him too. He briefed about the confession, hiding the romantic details.

Ajay and Mrinalini were truly elated. He promised to introduce his official girlfriend over a video call soon but not today! He wanted to spend his time with her today, without any interruptions, just him and her.

His breath hitched looking at Neha as he shamelessly leered on her, noticing every ridges and grooves of her body without even bothering to not make it too prominent. Neha’s heart was thumping loud in his proximity. She felt naked when he gazed at her from top to bottom, but strangely, his gaze did not make her uncomfortable.

“Shall we?” She asked, taking a deep breath and he nodded, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Entwining her soft, dainty palm into his muscular one, he kissed on the back of her palm, he murmured, “This way, beautiful lady”.

Locking the apartment, he asked, “Sneha, are you comfortable having a long walk or are you tired?”

“I am comfortable in anything”, she mumbled refraining herself from adding, “as long as you are alongside”, after all, it would have sounded too cheesy.

Inside the elevator, he was acting goofily, scratching his neck every now and then, while his eyes were fixated at her genuine smile. Her eyes were glued on the floor appreciating the mosaic tiles as if they were the eighth wonder of this world. Neha had never felt so shy as she was feeling today.

Holding their hands, Neha and Arjun walked out of their housing society, their faces beaming with broad smile. It was seven in the evening when they reached a cozy diner in their locality.