Angry Confrontation 😠

Exactly fifty minutes later, Arjun was standing outside the house of Neha at Signature Apartments, contemplating if he should ring the doorbell or not. In the past hour, he had called at her at least fifty times but his call was simply, unanswered. Only he knew, how difficult was for him to drive and try to reach out to her simultaneously.

"How can one behave so idiotically?" He wondered without even thinking that it was him, who has started this game of idiocy. He had blocked Neha on WhatsApp and she was no fool to realize it when his display picture had suddenly gone blank.

Neha, on the other hand, had reached her apartment, her home, her own personal space which had lots of memories to cherish. However, this little home of hers had given her sad memories too. The conversations with her mother had brought tears into her eyes. The kitchen reminded her of Arjun leaning on the door while she made tea for him. The man who had always illuminated her life with joy was the reason of her tears today.

She was disappointed in herself for acting desperate. She was ashamed of herself for falling for him. "That bastard blocked me up and now, he had been calling incessantly", she mumbled to herself, wiping her tears and sobbing out loud, finally letting go of bottled-up emotions inside her. She had never felt so weak, not even when Rahul had called off her engagement and her mother had labelled her as a characterless woman.

Today, something in her heart broke, as she slumped on her bed and cried out her heart, hiding her face in the pillow. Usually, she brewed a strong coffee for herself whenever she came home from the bank however, today, all she wanted was some solitude, just to cry, for she knew, within few days, she would leave the memories of Arjun behind and start off her journey in Chennai.

For the sake of her peace, she had decided for getting transferred. She knew the authorities would definitely approve her transfer request. She was pouring her heart out, weeping and sobbing when the doorbell of her home rang.

"Who could it be?" She mumbled to herself as she shouted in the hoarse voice, "Coming", and rushed to the bathroom to wash her face and appear a bit presentable. She did not want to look like a zombie to the guest, indeed!

Arjun, who had heard her shrill voice, was relieved. He was grateful to all the Gods for she was fine. His heartbeats had been racing all this while, otherwise. He was continuously tapping his feet impatiently when he heard the door knob. The door opened and his heart pained to see her tear-stricken face, red, puffy nose and swollen eyes. He knew, she had been crying and he felt bad.

He closed his eyes in despair. His brain was constantly telling him. "Arjun, you should have not come here. For fuck's sake, she is getting married."

His broken heart was still lamenting, reminding him of the promise he had made once. "Arjun, you had promised to be a good friend, right! She is sad and she needs someone. Just console her for once, just for today."

The reverie of his thoughts was broken when she hollered at him angrily, "What the hell are you doing here?", ready to shut the door on his face. Arjun, however, was quick to react. He immediately stepped inside and held the door, preventing her to close the door on his face. His military training was coming handy. He was getting agitated at her tantrums now.

Kicking the door to close it, he glared at Neha, losing his patience every second while she stepped back mentally cursing him for coming to her house. She was annoyed and done with Arjun. She valued her self-respect more than anything and today, Arjun had crumbled her self-esteem. She hated at him to the core.

"Get out of my house, Sir", she shouted at him, while he walked towards her angrily. Walking backwards, she freaked out when he glared at her mumbling, "What is wrong with this mad woman?"