Budding Emotions 💞

The golden rays of the morning sun were illuminating the wet moss grass in the lawn of the community park. The plasma-blue sky was brightened with crimson and tangerine hues as the dense white clouds had begun to drift away paving way for the gleaming sun that rose in its glory.

Neha loved the mesmerizing sunny days after the honeyed rains. For Neha, the sun brought immense positivity after the melancholic rains. She was enjoying the ethereal view in the golden sky glazing with the morning hues after heavy rains last night. She was enchanted with the beauty of nature while she sat at her usual spot in the lawn after the morning jog with a bright smile on her face.

The fragrance from the wet soil and green grass in the lawns were hitting her nostrils as she cherished the optimism of nature when she realized a furry ball was hugging her. A smile crept on her lips as she hugged Bruno back who had now laid his head in her lap.

It had been three weeks when the new manager, Mr. Arjun Verma had joined the Forex Department of the Delhi branch of Federal Bank of India and Neha had got to learn a lot. She was training the new interns and her disciples revered her. She was happy and grateful to get this opportunity.

Every morning, Bruno greeted her in the park, hugging her and she would rub his belly. With cute brown eyes and a shiny, golden fleece; Bruno was certainly a darling. She was caressing his back with her soft palms oblivious to the fact that someone was envying Bruno right now.

Clad in a grey track suit, Arjun had brought Bruno for a walk in the park when his pet had ran away towards the lawn. For the first week in the beginning, he was concerned of this behavior of his pet but now he was excited everyday when Bruno would run away because he got to admire Neha, the girl who had been messing up with his heart since the day he had stepped his foot in Delhi.

He adored her pitch black eyes and her cute little nose. He was allured by her sexy curves. He was attracted to her passion towards her work and he was inspired by her strength to be an efficient asset to the organization despite her gloomy eyes on most of the days. He was enchanted with her smile and even her gloomy eyes. He loved every bit of her and all he wanted was, Neha to stay happy.

It had become a daily routine for both Neha and Bruno to hug each other while she caressed his dog. Initially he adored their developing bond but as of now, he was getting jealous of Bruno. “This little guy gets to hug her and I stand like a fool”, he mumbled and his brain mocked, “See you are getting old and you cannot enamor her with your charms.”

Scratching the back of his neck in irritation, Arjun walked up to the duo and slumped beside Neha attracting her attention. “Good morning”, she wished him politely and he smiled realizing the dynamics between them had surely changed. Her curt nods were finally replaced by cheerful replies and he was surely elated.

“Someone seems to be cheerful today”, he teased her and she just smiled looking at the faraway horizon.

“I love the bright sun after heavy rains”, mumbled Neha and Arjun was delighted to have an informal conversation with her where he was not telling her to let go of her worries. His eyes were glued to her peaceful face.

“Why?” He could not help but ask. He had seen people loving the rains but he had never seen someone adoring the scorching heat of the sun after chilly rains.

“When the sun rays sieve from the dense clouds and reach the ground, I feel attracted to the perseverance of the sun to give us heat and light even when these clouds continue to create obstacles for the sunshine”, Neha told him and he was amazed to the philosophical shade of the girl who was captivating his heart each day.

“This sun is inspiration behind your determination to give your best in whatever you do”, he complimented. He was over the moon to see her cheeks turning crimson. His heart somersaulted as he refrained himself to mumble, “Lovable”.