Her Vile Mother 😑

Getting up was not easy for Arjun early in the morning but he was quite excited to meet Neha after a peaceful walk last night. Often he had seen her zoned out and he knew that she was quite sensitive towards her situations.

He felt light after sharing the most dreadful aspect of his life with her. He was sure that she would feel inspired and would try to tackle her circumstances bravely instead of breaking down in the middle of the road from next time. Glancing at the clock, he got up to freshen up after all, Bruno needed a walk.

While brushing his teeth, he remembered her outburst when she expected him to be a married guy and his groggy eyes sparkled with a charm. Somewhere in his heart, he liked how she had empathized with him. He was quite used to getting sympathy and pitiful looks whenever he told about the reason of leaving the career of an army officer but he admired her for tugging the strings of his heart by discreetly peeking towards him to see if his dark brown orbs were glossy while narrated about his past.

Washing his face, he wondered when he had cried last time. He had been depressed when he was supposed to leave his job about which he was passionate for but he had not shed his tears. he remembered that he had cried last time ten years ago during the bidai of Radha, his little sister.

He had shed his tears for Radha because his dear friend and his sister’s love-interest, Mayank had been in the army and it was difficult for him to accept the fact that Radha was getting married to an Army Officer who had guts to sacrifice his life for the sake of nation without him thinking twice. Ten years ago, he could not believe that his pampered sister would manage everything all alone while her husband would be posted at the line of control but today, he was certainly proud of his little sister, Radha who had grown into an elegant, mature woman.

His thoughts traveled to Neha as he quite intrigued by her reaction. He wondered, “Why did that unknown guy matter that she had to shed tears for him? She needs to grow up and don’t let such people bother her. She just had to reject him and the deed was done. There was no point wailing like a baby.”

Excited to see her running in the park and missing her rare smiles, he walked out of his room along with Bruno only to be greeted by his brother-in-law doing push-ups in the living room.

“Where is your wife?” Arjun asked getting amused to not see Radha woken up yet.

“She is asleep. We slept late.” Mayank replied winking at his friend giving him a teasing smile because he knew the secret of Arjun’s excitement over morning walks.

“Arjun, we are going to Kingdom of Dreams today and you are coming with us. I have booked an extra ticket so you can invite Neha too.” Mayank blabbered in a go. Last night had been quite eventful for him. His wife had lured him into a mind-blowing sex and he was supposed to return the favor by dragging Arjun and Neha to the entertainment center.

“Have you lost it, Mayank?”, hollered Arjun. Though he was looking forward to ask Neha out for a date but he has never expected his friend to come up with a ridiculous idea of inviting her on a family-outing especially, when she had embarrassed herself last night.

“Come on, Radha wants to meet her and look on the brighter side, brother. I am bringing her closer to you otherwise you will take ages to ask her out. Her parents are searching grooms for her, man. She will be gone till you will feel that she has got comfortable with you.” Mayank cleverly stroke the arrow right into Arjun’s insecurities and chuckled mocking his friend.

Arjun was ridiculed but Mayank’s words made sense to him. Neha was meeting prospective grooms and there were high chances that she might select one for herself. Arjun could not imagine her getting married to someone else, not now atleast, when he knew that she was completely single.