Date or Mess? 🤣

Humming his favourite tone, Arjun was smiling at his reflection in the mirror. Clad in a maroon shirt and formal pants, he was indeed, looking classy and elegant. Having set his hair neatly, he sprayed his favourite cologne on himself. It was half past six and he was all set to pick up his date for tonight. Well! Technically it was not a date but for Arjun, it was nothing less than that. he knew that Neha was intriguing enough to make his evening interesting.

He had realized that Neha had tough walls around herself and he was ready to break all those walls just to pave his way inside her heart. He did not know who had broken his woman so bad, but he hated that culprit to his core. For now, he was looking forward to call upon a meeting in the Forex Department of Federal Bank of India and address all his twenty-five subordinates just to teach them that respect is earned by diligence as well as efficiency not by sexual favours.

Only he knew how much he wished that Neha could tell who had spoken all nonsense about her so that he could maybe, punch the ugly face of that monster. However, his sane mind was indeed, appreciating Neha for her professionalism and ethics.

Tonight, Arjun was excited because he was looking forward to know Neha’s views on dating. He was dying to make things official between them. He wanted to date her, know her as a person, find the reason of her gloomy eyes and make her smile. Since years, he wanted a beautiful family just like his sister, Radha and somewhere in his heart, he craved to have the wonderful family with Neha.

He knew it was indeed, too early to think on those grounds especially, when he knew Neha just as a colleague. Having casually dated lot many women in the past, Arjun could feel a different connection with Neha. He did not know if it was because he had not dated since a while or it was because Neha was actually meant for him but tonight, he was looking forward to ask her if she was willing to date him.

“Trust me, Arjun. It seem to be too early. Neha does not seem like the ones who would accept your proposal to date this quickly especially when she has been upset because someone in your department feels that something is brewing between you both.” His brain warned him but he was not ready to listen to anyone tonight.

“She blushes and smiles near me. She feels comfortable around me. I guess, I should go ahead. What if she end up accepting another arranged marriage proposal?” The insecure self of Arjun murmured as rubbed Bruno’s head lovingly and said, “Wish me luck, Bruno, after all, I will be dating this lovely lady from today who loves you more than me”.

Bruno woofed and Arjun smiled as he picked up his car keys from the console table. Locking the main door of his house, he ignited the engine of his steel grey Honda City when his phone rang. His heartbeats raced as his brain shouted, “What if it is Neha calling you to call off this dinner?”, breaking his heart.

He let out the breath he had been holding when he saw the caller ID. It was his mother calling him. “Yes, Mumma”, he mumbled putting the call on speaker.

His parents, Mrinalini and Ajay were too excited to meet their son. They had been planning a short trip to Delhi, after all, it seemed to be ages when they had hugged Bruno last. “We are coming to meet you tomorrow, young man”, Ajay chirped energetically earning a full-blown smile from his son.

“I will pick you up from the airport. Just send me your details.” Arjun responded as he drove towards Neha’s housing society with utmost enthusiasm and excitement.

“So what’s up?”, his mother asked sensing the commotion from Arjun’s side who was stuck in traffic.

“Wish me luck. I am going on a dinner with Neha and I am planning to date her.” Arjun mumbled with a confident smile on his face and his parents were elated to hear the news. They had seen their son getting devastated when he was supposed to leave the job he was passionate about.