Preparations ✨️

Arjun and Neha stood before the opulent doors of an elegant boutique that dealt with ethnic wears. Having taken a half-day off, both of them had decided to do the wedding shopping. Inside the store was Arjun's family waiting for the couple. They had decided to go for a simple, traditional wedding in the temple followed by the registration in the court of law. Everything was happening hastily since Neha's parents were preparing for her engagement with Varun.

Neha had no guilt. She was not even feeling guilty for betraying Varun or her parents. In a private conversation with Neha, Varun had confessed that he wanted to marry a girl for the sake of society while in reality he still loved his ex-girlfriend who had died in an accident years ago. When Neha had subtly informed him that she was forced to marry him while she liked someone else, Varun had clearly told her to choose her love either before or after the wedding.

For Neha, marriage was and institution of transparency between a couple where there was no place for cheating. She respected Varun and even sympathized with him. However, never in her life could she imagine marrying a guy for whom marriage was a mere milestone to accomplish, for the society. She wanted to marry for all the right reasons and she was glad that she had Arjun.

"Let's go", said Arjun, wrapping his arm around Neha's shoulder. Gently pecking his cheek, she nodded. Strangely, Neha had been finding ways to kiss Arjun these days. She would simply barge inside his cabin at their workplace and peck his cheek. She would run away leaving him flustered. Arjun admired every bit of her gestures. He was overwhelmed after all, the girl who was not ready to have a relationship with him was ready to leave her family for him.

Arjun, on the other hand, was into a dilemma these days. Having understood Neha's ordeal, he had found a purpose in his life. He wanted to leave his job and work upon his newly found goal but he was still unsure about how Neha would take it, especially when they were getting married. He was yet to share everything with this family, including Neha and he was certainly feeling uneasy.

As soon as Neha and Arjun entered inside the boutique, Radha rushed and hugged the bride-to-be. Neha was overjoyed to feel welcomed in the family. She never felt that she was doing anything wrong. Since they had lot to do in less time, Mrinalini asked one of the saleswomen to show the shortlisted dresses.

"Auntie, I need something simple and light", Neha expressed herself, without any fears of getting judged.

"Something in bright red, mummy", suggested Arjun earning a chuckle from his father. Flustered, Arjun scratched the back of his neck but he could not wait to see his bride in his favorite colour.

After many sessions of trying numerous dresses, Arjun chose a classic red and green Banarasi sari for the traditional wedding, amidst lots of teasing. Neha was reduced to a blushing mess, indeed. For the court marriage, Neha picked up a simple royal blue sari while Radha and Mrinalini had been literally hoarding saris for her. Neha was overwhelmed when she saw that her to-be mother-in-law and sister-in-law were making sure that she would not miss anything, in her wedding. She was awestruck at the love she was bestowed upon. She always craved for a family and she had found the best one, indeed.

"Let me choose the outfits for our reception", Arjun requested. They had planned a reception to announce their wedding amongst their colleagues.

"Let me pick that one", Neha mumbled, eyeing at a pretty pastel orange lehenga, that looked magnificent. People shop for their wedding for days however, Neha was the happiest bride who had chosen all her dresses from one particular boutique in a duration of merely, three hours. She was not just glad because her new family was purchasing gifts for her, welcoming her but also because, her new family had allowed her to make choices in the shopping.