Getting closer and comfortable 💞

“Hi”, he greeted her and his dazzling smile was soon replaced with a frown when he saw her gloomy face and sullen mood. Her smile did not reach her eyes and this broke his heart.
As cheerful as she could be, Neha wished him a very warm good morning while Bruno jumped upon her as soon as she opened the door of her apartment.

Arjun chuckled looking at the reunion of two friends who were meeting after a span of twenty-four hours as Bruno hugged her tight while she caressed his golden furs. All he wanted was to be in Neha’s lap just like Bruno. He smiled at his thoughts as he made himself comfortable on the couch enjoying the captivating décor of her house.

Neha walked with Bruno who woofed around her as she sat on the couch and she mumbled, “Thank you for bringing him here”. Her captivating smile finally reached her eyes for the first time on today’s morning and he was drowned in her beautiful smile.

“What are your plans for today?” Arjun asked to which she cluelessly replied, “Nothing except of laundry, I guess”.

“My sister wants you to accompany at Kingdom of Dreams with all of us”. He declared fidgeting his fingers but having heard her muffled sob earlier on the phone call, he genuinely wanted her to enjoy the outing with him and his family just to uplift her mood.

“No, I can't”, she replied with her eyes bowed down remembering her folly and Arjun chuckled shaking his head sideways.

“Can you waste some of your ingredients on my tea?” He blurted out of blue and Neha was disappointed for the lack of courtesy on her side. After the encounter with her on the previous night, Arjun was quite comfortable in her presence. With a desire to know her more and spend the time of his life with her, he had shed off the garb of formality all of the sudden.

Muttering a ‘sorry’, she got up and went to the kitchen. Something was hammering inside her head as the insensitive words of her mother rang in her ears. She needed a cup of strong, black coffee to soothe her drumming head but she went inside the kitchen and poured two cups of water just trying to save her time and energy instead of making two beverages.

“You like drinking coffee”. Arjun’s voice boomed in her kitchen startling her as he stood at the door. He chimed in, “May I make coffee for you?”.

“No, I will manage”, she mumbled pressing her lips together. She was clearly uncomfortable with Arjun entering into her private space, her kitchen! More than that, she was uncomfortable with him getting friendly with her. She was not used to the caring gestures and his generosity was the reason of her discomfort especially when her mother had ruined her mood early in the morning.

Standing at the door of her kitchen, Arjun mumbled, “Neha, make coffee for me too”.

“I will make tea for you and coffee for myself, happy! In the meanwhile, just wait outside.” She snapped in discomfort but Arjun adamantly stood at the door with his hands in the pocket of black track pants he had been wearing, admiring the scene in front of him with a crazy smile, since she had transferred water into two different pans and she was not neglecting her needs for the sake of his tea.

“Sneha, you are coming with us today”, Arjun mumbled softly still admiring her smiling self working in the kitchen with a weird smile.

“Its Neha”, she mumbled sheepishly as reddish hues spread on her cheeks. She loved whatever was transpiring between both of them at the serene moment.

“We shall leave by eleven. We will come to pick you up.” He ordered amusingly.

“Are you always this obstinate?” She chuckled, not knowing how to avoid him as she added some milk in the tea pan.