Heartbreak 💔

“Piya, I am sick of that dunderhead”, Neha whined while talking to her sister. It was Wednesday and she was sitting in her cabin during the lunch hour, playing with the food for her appetite was long forgotten. Amidst the piles of files, it was really hard for her to concentrate because all her attention was at foolish Arjun. Only she knew how much she regretting lying about Vimal.

“Neha, you have hurt him so just apologize”, Piya suggested, feeding her eight month old son, Aditya. She was finally happy for her sister who had decided to give Arjun a chance. Piya pitied her mother, Anju for not loving her own daughters. She was proud of herself that she was a good mother to Navya, her six year old daughter. She was grateful to Arjun’s mother for giving the much-needed motherly affection to Neha. All she wished was, karma to hit back at her mother real soon!

Piya was happy for her sister because finally she had found a family that deserved her by all means. Piya was happy that Mrinalini could add joy and satisfaction to her sister’s life, giving her courage to accept Arjun for once. She had a gut feeling that Arjun was the one for Neha and she was ready to fight with her parents for the sake of her sister.

“I tried to talk to him, Piya, but he is avoiding me like plaque”, Neha whined. Her voice had turned hoarse as tears brimmed in her eyes. She had never been so desperate. She wanted to tell Arjun that she was ready, she was ready to date him, to give him a chance. All she needed was, some love from Mrinalini, some joy of being loved in a family!

Neha was being greedy but she wanted more of Mrinalini in her life. She did not know about her future. She did not know how her parents would react but somewhere, she knew Mrinalini would be by her side if her own parents would disown her. She did not know from where she had got the courage to live selfishly, for her own happiness but perhaps, love was giving her the much-needed strength.

Neha was getting irritated with Piya who was simply laughing at her. “That idiot told me to send the files via peon. It was so disrespectful. He doesn’t even look at my face. Piya, please make him talk to me once.” She pleaded.

“Neha, listen, just text him that you want to talk to him in the evening”, Piya suggested. She knew her timid sister would never take a chance so, she coaxed her, “Please do, Neha”.

Neha nodded, disconnecting the phone, determined to talk to Arjun. On his WhatsApp number, she texted, ‘I need to meet you at ten minutes past five in Rosé café’.

Arjun, on the other hand, had decided to remain indifferent to Neha. Like an efficient General Manager of the Forex Department, Arjun behaved like a good colleague however, his heart reminded him of the pain she had inflicted upon him. He knew he was acting irrational by avoiding her but he could not fall for a girl who was getting married to someone else.

Arjun’s heart pained on realizing that his Sneha was not his anymore. She was ready to be someone else’s wife. She was ready to spend her life with some Vimal who was perhaps, not as old as him.

Arjun was disappointed in himself for not being able to move on. He had lost his appetite and even his sleep. He had dark circles under his eyes like a zombie because he stared at the ceiling every night, missing Neha in his life.

After the lunch with his parents, Arjun remembered Neha coming to his cabin on Monday with an idea to ‘thank’ him for lunch. Only he knew, how much he had refrained to yell at her. Politely nodding, he had merely told her that he was busy asking her to leave.

Yesterday, Neha had come to his cabin with a bunch of files about the annual report on FFMCs. She had been fidgeting, trying to speak something when Arjun had told her to send files through the peon from the next time. He was merely protecting himself from getting hurt.