Stupid Arjun 😖

Neha sat on the bench enjoying the serene vibes of the morning glow. The sun was emanating red and orange hues in the morning sky on a chilly morning. It had rained the previous night and the weather was indeed, pleasant. The petrichor was hitting her nerves trying to calm her troubled self.

Neha was waiting to see Arjun and Bruno with hopes to hug Bruno and caress his golden furs, with hopes to smile looking at Arjun once again. It had been a week to their dinner date and Neha felt sad whenever she saw Arjun. Something in her heart pained when see heard Arjun addressing her as Ms. Neha and acting all professionally keeping aside the lovely bond they had built up over months.

She felt devastated to have ended the date on an ugly note. She felt guilty of not appreciating that someone had put efforts to make her happy for the first time in her life. The conversation with Piya was still afresh in her mind. Her elder sister had said her, “Neha, if Arjun can make you happy, trust me, there is nothing wrong in trying to spend some more time with him”.

She had grown fond of Arjun and she missed the time they used to spend in the community park on every morning with Bruno. She missed the cute dog who had a special place in her heart. Neha was feeling low after all, her mother had reprimanded her again for she had rejected another guy.

Anju had asked her to meet Vimal. Working as a software professional in Bangalore, Vimal had asked her to take a transfer in his city. She knew the jobs in public sector did not work on whims and fancies of employees and she had rejected Vimal. Moreover, she had fallen for Arjun and she had fallen hard.

While talking to Vimal, she had Arjun in her mind. When Vimal had smiled, she had remembered Arjun’s dazzling smile. When Vimal had talked about how he wanted a submissive wife who would keep his opinion above herself, Neha had remembered the ideas of woman empowerment Arjun had talked about, in the conference hall previous week.

When Vimal had told he loved drinking coffee, Neha had smiled remembering Arjun’s strongly brewed tea. Neha had realized Vimal was someone with whom she could have adjusted but she needed Arjun to make her live all over again.

Neha would sit in the community park and wait for Arjun with hopes to meet Bruno everyday however, all her hopes were shattered each day when no one came to make her smile. Neha was broken, brutally broken to see Arjun not smiling at her each day when he passed by her cabin in the office.
Arjun, on the other hand, woke up late with an intention to skip Bruno’s walk.

Everyday, he had skipped the walks stating that he was getting late for work however, today, he had no such option after all, it was a weekend and a holiday at work. His parents were still there to constantly pester him to know the reason of his cold attitude.

Arjun wished to tell his parents that yes, he was sad because he was heartbroken. He wished to tell them that the girl who had managed to make a permanent place in his heart because of her enigmatic personality had no intention to pursue a relationship with him.

He wished to tell them that his heart craved to hug his Sneha each time when he saw her unhappy however, he had refrained to ask her about her well-being because he respected her opinion to not establish any relationship with him because of their vast age gap.

For Arjun, age difference never mattered but he respected her opinions. He could have stayed friends with her but his heart pained each time when he saw her making him realize that she was not his.

He hated to accept that she might get married to someone as her parents were looking for prospective guys. Only he knew how much he wanted to yell at his parents for giving birth to him this early, after all, if only they had waited for four or five years, Neha would have happily accepted to date him!