Misunderstandings 😞

Neha was mortified. Rahul's insensitive words rang in her ears and her tears knew no bounds. It had been a perfect evening until Rahul ruined it. Sitting in the car, she was dreading Arjun's reaction while he drove to her house.

Her heart told her, "No matter whatever it is, Arjun will support you after all, he referred to you as his 'fiancée'", however, she was still pessimistic, since, Arjun had not spoken a single word. The uncanny silence in the car was killing her from inside.

Arjun, on the other hand, did not know how to react. A part of him was curious about Rahul. He had known Neha enough to not judge her. He knew he was the first person who was dating her and hence, it was sheer stupidity to judge her character. He trusted her enough to punch Rahul for his wrongdoings. Still, Arjun wanted to know who this Rahul was, after all, that guy had audacity to malign her character in public while she had stayed quiet during the whole ordeal. What irritated him more was, Neha's act of letting Rahul go off the punishments!

Breaking the silence, Neha mumbled, "I am sorry".

Arjun simply consoled her, "You don't have to be". A part of his heart wanted him to hug her tight but the evening's incident had made him unsure about their relationship. He knew that they love each other enough to keep their relationship going but, he also knew that love was not enough for a relationship to sustain. He had realized that their beautiful relationship lacked faith. Neha was not ready to let him in her life and Arjun was not liking it, not anymore!

A sob escaped her mouth and his heart ached. She was not liking the cold shoulder she was getting while Arjun was not even trying to console her. His anger was justified but he had failed to understand the background from where Neha was coming from.

A sob was followed by another and Arjun could not refrain himself from saying, "Stop crying, Sneha".

Everything seemed too bland, too emotionless! Neha could understand that the aura of their relationship had changed within one evening. She had begun questioning herself. Her heart wondered that she had been living a life of deceit all this while. "You betrayed your parents for the guy who trusted on Rahul", her brain told her but her confused heart refrained to believe.

She continued to cry regretting her choice of calling off an engagement and giving everyone an opportunity to malign her character.

"Stop crying, Neha. For God's sake, stop weeping like a child." Arjun yelled.

He was tired of acting like a patient man. He was tired of consoling her whenever she cried. He was sick of trying to assume the reasons of her sadness. He wished to see her happy and in the process of making her happy, he was losing his mental peace.

He was attracted to her by her innocence, her beauty and her passion towards her work. He was intrigued by her mysterious aura and her sad eyes. However, now her sadness mocked him telling him, that he had failed to keep his woman happy. Her enigmatic aura told him that she did not trust him enough to open up to him. Her tears reminded him that he was failure and he was getting drowned in the sea of depression each day.

"Do you think that he was right?" Neha hiccupped. She was mortified at Arjun's changed demeanour.

"Are you mad?", Arjun yelled, angry at her and she broke into sobs.

Neha was so busy in crying her heart out that she did not notice Arjun pulling the car into side near an ice-cream parlour.

"Listen, Neha", Arjun called her but she could not control her sobs, not anymore!

"Look at me, here", he called her out again, tapping on her shoulder.

"I will always be there for you", he mumbled with utmost sincerity, and her teary eyes sparkled with the gleam of hope.

"And I trust you, Neha. You are the most innocent woman I have ever known. No one, I repeat, no one has any right to speak nonsense about you." Arjun said, looking at her and her eyes welled up with tears of joy. Never had she imagined getting so much respect.

Her voice trembled as she asked, "Will you not ask who he was?"

"As of now, you need to stop crying and we need to go home. We can talk when you are comfortable." Arjun mumbled without meeting her eyes.

His brain was screaming, "Ask who he was?" He was obviously inquisitive to know the guy named Rahul who had guts to humiliate his woman in public while his girl was simply, weeping instead of taking an action against Rahul. He could fathom that Rahul and Neha shared some terrible past and all he wanted was, Neha to vent her heart out.

Neha wanted to tell Arjun everything about Rahul but she refrained to do so, while sitting in the car. She wanted to tell him the truth back at home tonight. She was also tired of crying her heart out each day. She too craved to take a leap of faith with Arjun. She knew that he would surely understand.

"What did I do in my past life that I met you?" She said, with utmost sincerity thanking all the Gods for sending her a man who had complete trust in her.

Arjun masked his disappointment with a smile. He was expecting Neha to come out with the truth but unfortunately it wasn't the case. "Ice-cream?", he asked.

"No", she denied.

"Belgium chocolate or choco-mint?", he coaxed her wanting to see her smile.

"Nothing", she said, sobbing.

"I will get two blackcurrants then", he chuckled.

"Anything but blackcurrant, Arjun", she whined with a hopeful smile and Arjun's heart was rejoiced too. As much as he wanted to have a conversation with her, he could not see her crying. He felt as if he achieved something valuable when he saw her smiling.

"That's better", he mumbled, pinching her cheeks while she could not meet his eyes. She wanted to reach home as quickly as possible and speak the truth before Arjun.

Arjun went to the ice-cream parlour and got Neha's favorite, choco-mint flavoured ice-cream for her along with a blackcurrant cone for himself. Neha chose to stay inside the car and weep upon the ruined evening. However, her heart consoled her telling her that her choice was not wrong.

Arjun and Neha relished the ice-cream before heading to their houses. Arjun decided to drop Neha. He was trying to smile but in reality, he was disappointed in their relationship. He had seen his parents and his sister having an adorable relationship because they not just loved and respected their spouses but also trusted their spouses enough to pour their heart out. He had realized that he failed to develop a beautiful bond with Neha.

•••••••••••••••••♥️•••••••••••••••••

Hello everyone!

Have a lovely new year, dearies!!! I am really glad because of your unconditional support and unwavering affection, all this while. Thank you for keeping up with me, all these years. Let's shine like a star this year ✨️

This is a sad update, I understand, but I will try posting a lovely, comic and romantic update soon!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Till then, shower your love on this update 🌸🌸🌸🌸

Also, don't forget to hit on the ⭐️. Keep me motivated, guys. Already my BoS is delayed 😅

See you soon 💜