Meeting Atul 💕

Neha was sitting in the flight to Delhi. She had spent the time of her life in Mumbai. She had never felt so loved. However, there was a question bugging her mind.

Ajay had asked her, “When are wedding bells ringing?”, and she had helplessly stared back at him for she had no answer. As much as she loved Arjun, she had no idea on how to convince her parents for an inter-caste love marriage. All she knew was, she would not marry anyone other than Arjun.

She was eager to meet Arjun, the man who had added the joy to her life, the man who had gifted her the wings to fly!

Much to her horror, it was a Monday and an important ministerial level meeting was scheduled in the evening. She was bound to attend that. If this was not much horrendous, her parents had insisted her to meet a chartered accountant they had recently found for her.

“As if I will accept that stupid CA now!” She mumbled to herself before closing her eyes and drifting off to her dreamland. There was still time to reach Delhi.

After two hours, she woke up, startled by the announcement that their flight is about to land and they had reached Delhi. A relief washed over her face as she de-boarded the plane. She was not really exhausted and she was enthusiastically looking for the meeting today.

Her smile faltered, walking out of the airport. Romantic girl inside her had expected Arjun waiting to receive her, hug her and tell her that he missed her but all she received was a text message that read,
‘I am sorry, Neha I couldn’t receive you. I am busy with the last minute preparations for the meeting. See you at Ministry of Finance. 😘’

The smile on her face faltered as she dragged her luggage. Sulking, she hailed a cab and asked the driver to drive fast. Quickly, she texted Arjun,
‘No issues, see you later. P.S I am meeting a prospective groom in the evening. 😅

The driver drove back home while she had tears in her eyes when her father Ramesh had called her and given her ultimatum, “Marry Atul, Neha, or I would not even give a chance to meet another guy”.

When she had sobbed, Ramesh had told her, “I will fix your marriage with the other guy myself if you make Atul reject you.”

Neha held back her sobs and gulped while the driver informed, “Ma’am, we have reached”.

Her mood had turned sour and her smile had faltered but she was determined to reject Atul guy for she could not lose Arjun at all. Slumping on the couch of her living room, she checked her phone and smiled as Arjun had texted her,
‘You will be meeting your prospective groom at Ministry of Finance. Don’t beat the poor CA guy in the evening but if he would make you cry like the previous guy, call me! I will beat the shit out of him. Take care, love 🥰

Neha smiled. She hurried to the bathroom to freshen up and take a shower. Despite being tired, she was excited to meet Arjun, the love of her life for Arjun was the guy who could make her smile no matter what her parents did to her!

Within another sixty minutes, she was dressed up in a lemon yellow coloured cotton sari, all decked up formally, for the meeting. Hailing the cab, she reached the Ministry of Finance in Central Delhi. As the discussion continued with the Finance Minister of India, Neha was elegantly giving her inputs while Arjun had his eyes just on her.

All he wanted was to pull her in one of the corners and kiss her with all his might. She looked so alluring!

As the meeting culminated, she smiled coyly at Arjun when he offered her a ride back home. “I need to meet that Atul”, she told him.

“Don’t you think that you look too beautiful for that moron”, he said. Arjun was not insecure but somewhere in his heart, he did not want some other guy to see his Neha dressed up and think that she is decked up for him.
Neha chuckled, “Thanks for the compliment”.