Fluttering hearts 💕

“He’s so handsome”, hushed Tanya, a young colleague of Neha while the new manager passed through the cafeteria at Federal Bank of India. Neha and Juhi were having their lunch along with their work friends, Samaira and Shreya. It had been a week since the new manager, Mr. Arjun Verma, had taken the charge and he was managing the branch really efficiently.

Arjun had been working diligently since a week but apart from his duties and responsibilities, he had another reason to give his best and that other reason was none other than the slim girl who had immense passion towards her work. He hated to see her gloomy eyes and adored the smile on her face.

He got up early at five in the morning everyday just to have a glimpse of her in the park . If he was lucky, Neha would talk to him and return a bright smile to his dazzling one but often he was greeted by her gloomy eyes. He knew something was terribly bothering her but it was not his place to ask.

“I want to see her”, whined Arjun sitting in his cabin while the clock struck at one in the afternoon.

His brain teased him, “That’s all you can do to her after all, she is unfazed by your charms”. Getting irritated at his nagging brain, he decided to casually walk in the cafeteria to have a glimpse of her. In the morning, he had seen her lost in her own thoughts and he wanted to make sure that she was having her lunch.

Walking into the cafeteria, he had seen her chilling out with her colleagues and he was satisfied so he walked back to his cabin but unknowingly, he had attracted attention of his female fans which had made her uncomfortable.

The forex department had been working as impeccably as it was doing under the guidance of Mr. V.K Sinha. The new manager was respected by all but the female colleagues were attracted to his charming smile, chivalrous attitude and hard-working nature.

Unlike Mr V.K Sinha, he tried to incorporate the views of everyone working in the forex department without considering any aspects of hierarchy and therefore, all his subordinates admired him for his ethics.

“He’s hot”, mumbled Juhi agreeing with Tanya when Neha’s other married colleague, Samaira teased her, “It's high time for you to keep your eyes for your fiancé”, after all, Juhi had given the treat to everyone after getting engaged to the love of her life last week.

“I admire him for the way he treats everyone equally without caring if we belong to the rank of a manager, an assistant manager or a junior officer”, murmured Shreya, a junior clerk in the department. Neha personally admired her for her hard-working nature and no-nonsense attitude.

“And this madam thinks he is a scumbag”, chortled Juhi pointing at Neha embarrassing her in front of her colleagues. Initially Neha thought him to be a perverted jerk but over a week, she had grown fond of him and Bruno.

Neha, just like others, now admired his work ethics but more than that she revered his advice and philosophical thoughts. She had still not forgotten that he had told her to keep smiling giving her the reason to smile frequently.

I think you should keep your admiration in check”, pinpointed her brain while her heart went defensive and told her brain, “Respect and admiration for someone have no bounds”. She couldn't help but smile because she genuinely respected Arjun not just for his work ethics, but his caring gestures.

“Come on he’s anything but scumbag”, retorted Samaira. “Despite, his young age, he is carrying out his duties really well”, she clarified further while Neha nodded in affirmation while Juhi and Tanya laughed.

“Whatever it is but I cannot get over his muscles”, said Tanya dreamily making Neha uncomfortable. She didn’t know why she just wanted to move away from this discussion.

“Why this Juhi and now Tanya are after him?”, she thought when her brain answered, “Because my dear, he is actually handsome with his six feet tall height, captivating dark brown eyes and dapper anchor beard”.

“When did you notice all this, girl?”, she questioned herself and a scarlet-red blush crept on her contoured cheeks.

Reverie of her thoughts was broken when Samaira piped in, “You seem to know a lot about him”, eyeing at Tanya.

“We go to the same gym”, answered Tanya dreamily making Neha uncomfortable once again.

“So this guy had to go to the same gym as Tanya and that too, at the same time. Bloody pervert!” These envious thoughts crossed her mind and she was shocked at herself.