💕Valentine's Day Special💕

Neha was running to and fro in the conference hall along with other colleagues of hers. The annual Central Board Meeting was held at the main conference hall of the Delhi branch of Federal Bank of India. The premises were full of people on their toes, listening attentively to the speakers on the stage. The annual budget was just released by the Ministry of Finance and hence, it was the need of the moment to reform certain policies of the bank.

Apart from this, the current financial year was about to end in the coming month, and hence, lot many reports were discussed in the symposium. Each and every employee was busy with the three-day long meeting that was supposed to end, day after tomorrow. It was fourteenth day of February and nothing seemed to be special.

Clad in a pink coloured, cotton silk saree, Neha was instructing the event management team to make separate arrangements where the senior officials would have their lunch with the secretariat team of the Finance Minister. The honorable Finance Minister had recently left for one of her Cabinet Meetings hence, she was not present at the premises.

"Neha, I wish I could leave", whined Juhi, her best friend at work.

"Why?" She asked, correctly the pleats of her sari. As much as she loved her job, she hated following the professional dress-code, sari! Wearing sari in the humid weather of Delhi was an ordeal for her. Her soft skin reddened whenever she wore sari but she was bound with the formal dress-code.

"You're lucky that you are single, honey! My fiancé wanted to meet me today." Juhi whined, dragging her towards the conference hall, handing her the file, a colleague had sent for Neha.

"Why?", asked Neha, opening the contents of the file to check the facts and figures for one last time, before Arjun presented it on the stage. It had the annual report of the Forex Department.

Finding a place to sit, Juhi dragged Neha inside the conference hall jam-packed with employees. "It's the Valentine's Day today", Juhi told. She ranted though her fiancé believed that special days were made to strengthen bonds of love and affection.

Neha realized the date and her mood fell. Just a week ago, she had entered into the dating pact with Arjun and that guy had not even texted her anything except a 'good morning' with a kissing emoji. He had not been bothered to even wish her.

As a young girl, she had imagined her partner bringing her flowers on Valentine's day but as she aged, she realize the concepts of special days like, Valentine's day, Mother's day, Father's day etcetera were merely, a facade. She had realized that it was important to give values to relationships and people everyday instead of dedicating a day to them. Still, the girl inside her expected a simple wish, a rose and a chocolate at least!

Neha gave a small smile to Juhi and got engrossed into the file. Checking everything, she added a few points and said, "Juhi, give it to Arjun sir". 'Sir' felt too foreign to her own tongue, for she had been calling Arjun by his first name.

"Sure", Juhi said, getting up. Correcting her beige coloured sari, she walked towards Naresh who was standing nearby. Naresh was a clerk in their department. The young boy was obedient and he happily accepted Juhi's orders.

Neha and Juhi were taking the notes at the symposium as one of the veterans was talking about the new trends necessary to improve India's economic condition, when Naresh came running over to Neha.

"Ma'am, Arjun sir had left urgently. He won't be back today so he has asked you to present the report." Naresh informed leaving Neha shocked. Juhi was elated that her friend had got an opportunity to present the report at the symposium while Neha was angry wondering where had Arjun gone.

"Has he gone on a date with someone else?" The mere thought of Arjun cheating on her, left her shuddering.

"I will talk to Arjun sir", she replied, keeping a stoic face while Naresh left. Despite, Juhi tried to stop her, she walked out of the conference hall and called Arjun.