The Decision 💞

As Neha continued to sob, Ajay's dilemma increased. Everyone wanted to pacify her but they could helplessly stared at the screen while Arjun tried to pacify her. He hugged her, rubbing her shoulders, assuring her that he was with her no matter what it took but her tears knew no bounds.

"I will marry Neha and we are not calling her parents. I cannot see her breaking down like this." Arjun yelled at his father angrily while Mrinalini tried to persuade her husband to give in. Piya and Piyush had seen Neha suffering each day at their parents' house and hence, they could helplessly pray for this wedding to happen. They agreed with Ajay for they knew that the old man was right however, they too, did not want any involvement of their parents in Neha's life, not anymore!

"I still feel that one conversation won't harm anything, Neha. Marriage is a lifelong decision and they are your parents. You might be angry upon them today but you will surely miss them on your wedding, so respect the relationship you share with your parents and inform them." Ajay tried to logically explain his stand to everyone and especially Neha.

He did not like the breakdown of the otherwise, independent girl. He had wholeheartedly accepted Neha however, it did not feel right to plan a wedding without involving a girl's parents. Being a parent himself, he felt they would feel betrayed if they would find about their daughter's wedding later on. He also did not want Neha to have a regret of marrying the man she loved, without informing her parents.

"Dad, but...", Arjun tried to intervene.

"They won't understand", Neha muttered sobbing hard.

"They deserve to know irrespective of their decision", Ajay announced much to the dismay of everyone.

"They would never allow, uncle. I am sorry to have come up with such a ridiculous request of marrying your son. I will abide with the decision of my parents." Neha mumbled with big, fat tears in her eyes. Not wanting to show her weakness, she ran away to the other room, away from the screen. Having realized her folly of deciding for an impromptu, unconventional wedding and hoping for everyone's support; Neha wept and decided to part ways with Arjun, after all, she did not want to ruin his relationship with his parents.

"Neha...", Arjun tried to stop her when she ran to the bedroom, banging the door shut. She needed to make herself presentable and run away from Arjun as far as she could.

"Arjun, listen", commanded Ajay. Arjun could have gladly ignored his father but Ajay was quick enough to announce, "I and Mrinalini will come to Delhi in two days in the meanwhile apply for the registration of court marriage."

"Court marriage?", Arjun asked, and he was glad that his father was supporting his decision.

"What's wrong in that?", asked Ajay.

"We can have a proper wedding. I will bear all the costs." Piyush offered.

"It's not about money. Registered court marriage is the need of the hour. You both are adults and Neha's parents cannot question your decision after a marriage registered in the court of law. Moreover, a proper marriage requires time and efforts. You cannot keep marriage preparations hidden from her parents." Ajay explained and everyone nodded. Arjun smiled in approval, however, his heart was worried about Neha.

"And in the meanwhile, I and your dad will talk with her parents. I am sure they will understand." Mrinalini said, as she intertwined her hands with her husband.

"And what if they don't?", asked Piya and Piyush, almost at the same time, with meekness evident in their voice as they were concerned of Neha. They knew she would break beyond repair if Arjun choose not to be with her.

"Marriage shall happen at all costs and we will sign as the witnesses. See, Piyush, all I mean is, they deserve to know. Piya, we have accepted Neha wholeheartedly but we do not want her to bear the burden of regret in her married life. We will invite them gracefully. If they agree, I am sure, Neha will be the happiest but if they would not, she will have no reason to regret." Ajay explained his stance and Mrinalini nodded, finally agreeing with her husband. Arjun too, had no reason to deny.