Meet The Parents pt. 1

"You nervous?" I asked my boyfriend as we walked up to the familiar brown bricked home, I'd grown up in.

"Nah." He said, trying to keep his cool demeanor. His tough guy act was cute but it wasn't fooling me.

"Just be yourself, they'll love you babe." I smiled, reassuring him.

"I'm not nervous." August said reaching out to ring the doorbell.

"My father is ex- Navy Seal and a proud member of the NRA and you're the man who gladly violates his only baby girl, every night.. You're terrified and you know it." I laughed, watching his cool demeanor slowly start to break.

"It's not funny." He said as we heard footsteps approach the large oak wood door.

"Smile. Loosen up, they'll love you like I do." I lifted his hand that had been intertwined with mine and places his fingers to my lips.

He smirked, his eyes falling to mine. He was about to speak when the door finally opened.

"Baby girl!" My daddy exclaimed as the door flung open with his excitement.

"Daddy!" I shouted back, already being engulfed in his huge arms.

"I missed you so much, princess." He said his hold tightening around my waist.

"I missed you too, daddy. But I can't breathe!" I gasped, his arms falling from my sides. Air finally making its way back through my passages. I stepped back my hand reaching for a quiet August's. He remained silent throughout my father and I's exchange, probably hoping to disappear in the corner somewhere and avoid meeting him all together. "Daddy. This is my boyfriend, August. August this is my father.

August gulped slightly taking in my fathers tough demeanor. He reached out his hand to my dad. My father looking at his hand disapprovingly, slapping it slightly, my father smiled opening his arms, engulfing August in a similar hug he'd just given me.

"We're a hugging family, boy." He bellowed, "If our baby loves you then we love you too." He said to August, amusement in his tone. "Come in." He smiled ear to ear, his hand on Augusts' shoulder as he walked us into my former home.

The meal my mother was concocting in the kitchen, filled the whole house. The smells wafting through our nostrils, my stomach growling in anticipation.

"Is that my angel?" My mother called from the kitchen, as we approached. She walked closer, drying her hands on the apron around her waist.

"Ma!" I shouted, wrapping my arms around her. I could feel her smile against my cheek, as her warm arms wrapped around me.

"I missed you too, my angel." She said. "And you must be the boy we can't stop hearing about." She said as she released me her eyes falling on August.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs.--" August started before being cut of by my mom.

"Please, baby, call me Ma." She said, hugging him as well. "Everyone else in this house calls me Mama, you might as well too." She smiled, her hand cupping his cheek before returning to her meal.

"Hey, I'll show him around baby girl. We're still waiting for your brothers to arrive. Go take a load off, your old room is waiting for you." My dad said, redirecting me upstairs.

"You sure?" I asked, looking straight at August.

"Don't worry about him, just some guy talk, he'll be fine." My father quipped.

August nodded, his confidence suddenly back intact.

"Okay.." I said, making my way upstairs, still watching as August walked away with my dad. I wonder what all that was about?

To be continued..

😳 Okay. So, it's been awhile. Well, I made some really big changes in my life. I'm done with school for now, I left my job and I moved back home to New Orleans, so, I've been really caught up in all those things. I'm so sorry I've been gone so long. Hopefully, I won't disappear again .😁 Love you all for sticking with me and all my new readers welcome and I hope you enjoy my imagines, darlings!😘