Heaven Can Wait

Just a thought I had listening to Heaven Can Wait by Michael Jackson.  Enjoy!

"August,  I just have a bad feeling. I don't think you should go." Sharron pleaded to me with teary eyes as she rubbed her swollen belly.

I walked out of the bathroom adjusting my shirt. "Bae, look, Ima be aight.. You worry too much. " I smiled trying to reassure her. Truth is, I was worried too.

Before I blew up with this music shit. I did some grimey shit in these streets just to survive. I sold alot of drugs, killed a bunch of people, and dodged a couple cases. Then I met Sharron, I couldn't have her in that life. I stopped all that shit, I got right with the Lord, and threw myself into my music. She was my blessing.

But lately I've been getting these death threats in letters,  e-mails,  texts. I been looking over my shoulders a lot lately, and Sharron knew all about it. I been tryna play it off like I ain't trippin' about it, but she ain't stupid, I was scared.

"Aug, I just..think you should stay. I got a phone call today.." she said trailing off at the end. I knew exactly who from.

"Ignore that shit, that's just them crazy ass super fans. I got a whole army with me tonight, baby, Obama ain't got shit on me." I joked, sitting next to her, starting to rub her baby bump as well. 

Sharron was six months pregnant with my little girl, I was so happy to have a little peice of me with her. I lowered my head to her belly, softly kissing it.

"Hey baby girl, it's daddy, you know I can't wait to see my angel, but we gotta get mama to stop worrying so you can cook some more...Daddy loves you. " I whispered to her belly while she smiled down at me.

"Stop worrying baby. I'll be okay." I said moving up to kiss her lips.

"You promise? " she whispered with closed eyes against my lips.

"I promise. " I kissed her again before grabbing the last of my things.

"I'll be back in a few, baby." I said as I walked out of our bedroom door.

I met my security team downstairs,  they started to brief me on what entrances and exits we'd be using and what times I needed to be at certain places. We walked to the waiting black SUV's and got in making our way to the first venue.

I was doing a shitload of press junkets, interviews and meet and greets today for the new album.

We made it to the first interview, getting out if the SUV, I was bombarded with screaming fans. Security yelled for everyone to get back and made a path. I looked up, waving and smiling at as many fans as I could. Due to my saftey issues, I couldn't stop for pictures or autographs. I could tell some of them were disappointed but there was nothing I could do. Looking out in the sea of faces one stood out to me. I couldn't see his face but he wore all black. He slowly lifted his hand to his head forming in the shape of a gun, his finger cocked back slowly pulling the imaginary trigger. I looked to my security, who was completely unaware, they had formed a circle around me. I looked back up to the assailant, but no one was there. I searched the crowd again but no one. He was gone.

We made it into the building, some of the security had dispersed scanning the building for potential aggressors. My remaining five guards walked me up to the green room where I waited for my interview.

After scanning the room, I asked for some privacy. They all filed out slowly closing the door behind them.

I plopped down on the black leather sofa, exhaling deeply. My mind kept going back to the mystery man and how oddly familiar he seemed. I pulled out my phone and started strolling through my instagram trying to get the image out of my mind.