The Only Exception

I watched Tati's hair fall over her face as she shifted in her sleep. She was my new obsession. I loved the the way she walked, the way she laughed, even the way she said my name.  She was all I could think about.  Her lips were softer than pillows, I could kiss them all day if she'd let me,  her lingering touch made me weak in the knees, her eyes were fucking hypnotizing, I would find myself staring into them whenever she spoke, never truly hearing anything she said, it'd drive her crazy.

At first, I couldn't admit to myself that I'd actually fallen for her. I'd been hurt by someone in the past, My ex girlfriend Mya. I had caught her fucking my ex best friend Juelz. I gave her my everything, I thought Mya was the one for me. It killed me, seeing her with him.

I didn't think I'd ever get over it.

And that was the day that I promised, I'd never sing of love if it does not exist.

For years, I couldn't figure out a way to let another female in to my heart. I used to say, hit'em and quit'em, these bitches ain't loyal. 

In my career,  women throw themselves at my feet. All of 'em trying to get a nigga heart,  but my heart was bruised, I couldn't let another bitch get to me like that. So I started fucking 'em with my dick and stopped fucking 'em with my heart.

Until I met Tati a few months ago. We ain't nothing official, but she all I want. I just can't bring myself to tell her that.

But darling,You are the only exception. You are the only exception.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, her beautiful grey-brown eyes slowly coming into view. I smiled down at her as she squinted her eyes against the sunlight.

"Good Morning." I rasped, my lips pressed against her bare shoulder. 

"Morning." she croaked, wiping her eyes. She giggled as my lips pressed to her skin, making me smile against her warm flesh. 

"How'd you sleep, love?" she asked, softly pulling me to her by my ears.

"Great.. 'long as I'm next to you." She smiled taking my lips in a kiss.

"You think you're so smooth don't you?" She whispered into the kiss.

"You ain't know?" I smiled.

Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul, that love never lasts. And we've got to find other ways to make it alone or keep a straight face. And I've always lived like this keeping a comfortable distance.

"Shut up." she laughed, pushing me off of her. She sat up in bed, throwing her legs over the edge.

"Where you going?" I asked grabbing her waist.

"To the bathroom,  let me go!" she giggled,  ripping my arms from around her waist.

"Fine." I moved my arms, letting her stand.

"Thank you." she snapped back playfully.  She lifted her arms over her head for a stretch.

She was only dressed in my shirt, it hung low and loosely on her tiny frame. The hem rose a bit sweeping against her upper thighs as she walked away.

"Hurry up!" I shouted to her as she closed the bathroom door behind her. 

And up until now I have sworn to myself, That I'm content with loneliness. Because none of it was ever worth the risk.

I sighed, turning to lay on my back.  I listened as the water ran behind the closed door.  The bed felt cold without her here, her sweet scent lingered on the pillows and engulfed the bed sheets. 

The door swung open, revealing her fresh face. "Okay,  I'm ready to cuddle now." she announced strutting back to bed.

She sunk in and laid next to me. "You missed me,  huh?" She said snuggling into my side.

"Nah." I said, smacking my teeth. 

"Liar." she smiled into my ribs. 

"Maybe a lil' bit."  I said turning to face her. "You know what? A few months ago, I didn't think I'll ever be here. Then I met you, and now I can't see myself being without you." I said, surprising myself.

"What are you trying to say, Mr. August Alsina? " she smiled up at me witg a cocky grin. She knew she had won me over, it was her personal mission to make me fall for her.

Well you are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.

"I think--I'm sure--I know, I'm falling for you,Tati.." I said starting to trail off at the end, a bit embarrassed I was actually saying it outloud.

"I've fallen for you too, baby." she said moving up to press her lips against mine.  "I'm gonna make you love me though." she said her lips still moving against mine.

"I believe you." I smiled, turning her over on her back. "You betta start now, before I change my mind." I whispered moving between her legs.

"Shut up and kiss me,stupid." she laughed.

You are the only exception. And I'm on my way to believing. Oh, and I'm on my way to believing.
♡♥♥♡♥♥♡♥♥

5k+ reads and 300+ votes!!! All my new readers you're so amazing, voting and commenting on all your favorite imagines!! I love you all so much! I don't think you all understand how much your votes and comments touch my heart.  Words can't describe how grateful I am that you all find, my little stories and what I have to say interesting.  If not for you all I wouldn't be able to express myself and perfect my craft. Writing has been a passion of mine for so long and thanks to you readers I get to make my passion even better with each chapter. I love you guys! Now let me stop before I start crying !! :))) Comment.Vote.Share.

-Shanny♡♥