She Don't *Victoria*

Hello baby, as I was walkin' by, hesitated. I was surprised to see you and I asked 'Do you remember me?'

God!  This Atlanta heat was killing me. I was walking in the downtown area, just doing some shopping when I decided to stop by a local restaurant for some lunch. 

I walked into the air conditioned room,  letting out a quick sigh and removing my sunglasses.  I was walking looking down into my purse to pull out my wallet when I ran into someone making me spill the contents of my purse on the floor.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking." I said dropping down to retrieve my things.

"It's cool, baby." a familiar voice said above me. I looked up from the ground and finally at the face above me

"August?" I questioned squinching my eyes a little.

"Victoria." he smiled. "It's been awhile."

I stood from the floor, picking up my purse.

"Yeah. It has." I smiled back, feeling like a teenager again. It's been years since I seen August.Now  here is in the flesh, looking good as ever.

Boy I'm so elated to run into you here. Shadow faded with diamonds in your ears. The memories that go, I don't wanna let go.

"You look good Vic. How's school going?" he asked.

"Uhh, its great.  I actually graduate this summer.  I can't believe you remembered that. " I said. I never thought August paid attention to stuff like that when we were together.

"Of course I remembered,  I haven't forgotten anything about you." he said trailing off at the end as his eyes scanned my body up and down.

"August? " an annoyed voice called from behind him.  He turned around, slightly rolling his eyes.

"I'm talking Ang." he said annoyed.

"I can see that. I'm ready to go." she spat, looking over his shoulder at me.

"Give me a minute. Chill. " he turned back to me with an apologetic look.

"Sorry. Uh, my girlfriend, Angie." he said gesturing to the annoyed girl.

"Oh." my face fell slightly.  I looked back at her, to find her glaring back at me.

"It was really good seeing you. We should keep in touch, I miss talking to you Vic." he smiled again.

"Yeah. I've missed you too..err-I've missed talking to you, too..is what I...meant to say." I said feeling myself blushing at my word vomit.

August just smiled wider, his eyes sweeping the floor then looking back up at mine. He lifted his hand showing me my gold iPhone,  I must not have noticed him pick it up.

"How did you--?" I started.

"Girl..you forgot I used to do this shit for a living?" he laughed. He opened the phone quickly typing into it, seconds later his phone went off in his pocket. "Now you got my number and I got yours.. Call me sometime. " he said handing me back my phone.

"And if I don't? " I joked.

"Then I'll be calling you..all day eveyday, 'til you pick up." he smiled. "See you around, love." he turned on his heels and walked over to the still glaring, Angie. She twisted up her lip at me before following him out the door.

'Wow. What a happy couple.' I said sarcastically to myself.

I sat down at the bar, looking down at my phone. Seeing August today brought back so many feelings,  I never felt like August and I had any closure.