Kissing On My Tattoos

The crowds roars of excitement rang through the venue making the floors vibrate under my feet.

August took a step back as he took in the scenery around him. I lived for these moments. I glowed with pride watching him reap the benefits of all his hard work.  I remember scraping dollars trying to buy him studio time in Atlanta, and him talking me out of New Orleans to follow him on his journey to a better life.  We struggled together for so long then he finally got his big break.

He's been so successful and he's still bringing me along the way to enjoy the ride with him. I was jerked out of my thoughts by the distant call of my name.

"Sharron."  August called out once more turning to look at me off stage.

My chest grew tight and my cheeks turned hot. I wanted to walk toward him but my feet felt like cinder blocks. 

"Baby, come outchea, dont be scared." he said reaching his hand out toward me.

I mustered up a nervous smile and my feet began to shuffle toward him. As I slowly started to appear onstage the crowd started to wail even louder than before (who knew that was possible) I waved shakily to the crowd taking a deep breath.

I stretched my hand out to capture August's, he pulled me in sliding his hand to my lower back and kissed my forehead. I dared not look at the crowd because they were screaming but they could turn violent really quickly.

"I called you outchea because I wanted to get something off my chest.." August said into the mic staring seriously into my eyes.

I swallowed hard unsure of where this was going. August hand slid from my lower back to around my neck pulling me closer to his side so we were both facing the audience.

"If y'all dont know this girl right'chea, this is my girlfriend of three years, & my bestfriend since the sandbox, Sharron.  This girl is part of the reason why I'm standing here today. She hustled for me, she prayed for me, she been all I had for long time." August said to his fans as I covered my smiling face with my hand, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. He knows I hate being center of attention. 

"And I hate to ruin the illusion but I want y'all to know that I wrote this song for her." he said as the beat for Kissing On My Tattoos dropped. 

He pulled away grabbing my hand making sure I'd stay on stage with him,  I was dying to get off.  He was the star not me,  nobody wanted to see me. He turned to me walking closer until our foreheads met as he began to sing to me.

Baby I don't blame you

For being in the club

Getting all that love

Cause your so beautiful

God made you to show that off

Now I ain't ever been the jealous type of guy

But I want you to myself, I can't lie

I know we ain't on no one on one thing

But baby, It should change

Cause when I be out with other chicks I be thinking bout you

And when you be out on dates you be texting me too

Telling me to come pick you up when he drop you off

I pray to God he ain't breaking you off

[Hook:]I don't want nobody but you

Kissin on my tattoos

I don't want nobody but me

Talkin to you

Until you fall asleep

We better stop playing  (We better stop playing.) Before we mess around and someone gets hurt

I don't want nobody but you. (nobody but you)

Kissin on my tattoos.

Nobody but you...

Kissin on me

Kissin on me[x4]

All my homies wanna know whats up with us

They can't believe that Im kicking it with just one girl

But Im cool with that

Them pretty eyes and that smile

Girl Im a fool for that (Yeah Im a fool for that.)

Cause when I be out with other chicks

I be thinking bout you

And when you be out on dates you be texting me too

Telling me to come pick you up when he drop you off

I pray to God he ain't breaking you off

I don't want nobody but you

Kissin on my tattoos..

In the middle of the hook,  August turned to his DJ.

"Ay, stop the music." he said to him throwing his hand up. August turned back to me looking deep into my eyes.

"I dont see myself spending the rest of my life with anybody else but you.  You been riding with me since the bottom and you still with me cause I don't want be at the top without you. You my best fucking friend and I want you to be the mother of my kids... someday." He smirked, "Sharron, baby would you do me the honor of becoming Mrs.Alsina?" August said bending down on his knee. His free hand reached behind him in his pocket and pulled out the Tiffany blue box. Exposing the beautiful diamond engagement ring.

I was so overwhelmed,  tears streamed down my face as the crowd began to roar even louder than before.

"SAY YES! SAY YES! SAY YES!" They chanted but all I could hear and see was August.

"YES!" I yelled pulling him up to me giving him the biggest kiss I could muster up. I never wanted to lose this feeling,  I wanted everyday to feel like this moment and I knew as long as I was with my bestfriend, my August, it always would.

Over the screams I could hear the DJ call out to the crowd, "NEW YORK!  GIVE IT UP FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING ALSINA'S ONE TIME!!"

SO DID YOU LIKE IT? LET ME KNOW!