My Heart Will Go On

Since there has been so much demand for it, here it is finally the completion. Part 2 to Have You Ever.

August pov

My hands shook as I approached the podium. I could feel my mouth turn dry when I opened it to speak. Grasping the corners of the podium, I attempted to keep my balance as I cleared my throat. The cold air started to freeze around my exposed fingers, sending a cool shiver down my spine. Gazing below me, my eyes focused on her lifeless figure, looking delicate and fragile. The pale pink dress she wore made her cold gray skin look as if she was already starting to wither away. I shook my head as I  blinked away my tears and began to speak.

Every night in my dreams. I see you, I feel you. That is how I know you go on.

"Tia was, and still is everything to me. I met her in elementary school, and from that day on she was always my other half. The better part of me, she used to say...and now that she's gone, I don't know how to just be me anymore."

I lowered my head and took in a deep breath. The tears trickling down my cheeks burned my skin as they hit the cold air. I opened my mouth to speak again.

"She was always an angel on Earth. So I'm sure she'll always be with me, with us. She loved us all and wouldn't want us to be sad. Today I won't mourn your loss Tia, but I'll celebrate the beautiful life you lived and remember all the wonderful memories you've left me with." I lied, knowing this is what everyone wanted to hear, but I wasn't sure if I believed it.

Far across the distance and spaces between us. You have come to show you go on.

Stepping down from the podium with a sigh, I wiped away the tears that were steadily falling down my cheeks. My footsteps echoed across the hard wood floors as I took my seat next to her family. I had always been taught that the front row had always been just for family but, Tia's mom had insisted I'd sit next to her. I glanced over my shoulder, taking in the crowd.

Everyone we knew had come to pay their respects. My entire band was here, my bodyguards too.  Tia was almost as important to them as she was to me. She called herself my backup singer, the girl couldn't sing for shit, but we all loved her so much we never had the heart to tell her.

My eyes lingered around the room until I looked to my right and saw her. Her bright brown eyes shone under a blanket of tears. Tia was one of her best friends, she was also the reason why we met. Her black hair cascaded over her face creating a sheer veil. The look on her face took me back to the day, it took me back to the day that my best friend and love of my life, died..

_________________________

"Have you seen Tia?" Dreavasked, in a panicked voice. "I've been looking for her everywhere."

"No, I could've sworn I just saw her, I'll give her a call." I excused myself from the rest of the party as I brought my phone out and typed in her number. It was weird for Tia to just disappear so suddenly. Her phone rang and rang until she finally picked up

"Hello?" I questioned.

Then a loud crash echoed through the phone.

"Hello?" I yelled, already running to my car.

"August." She rasped. Dear God, she was hurt.

"Aug, I--" she started but was interrupted by another loud bang. My feet rushed down the steps as I made my way over to the car.  Slamming the door, I attempted to ignite the engine. I was shaking so badly that I began to fumble with the keys.

"Tia, Tia, where are you?" I asked finally putting the key in the ignition and revving the engine.

"I don't know.... I'm dying August." She whispered. I pushed my foot on the gas racing to her, I needed to get to her. I took the familiar trail to her home, not bothering with stop signs and red lights, my best friend needed me. "I love you August. I always have."