Maybe

So don't hate me okay.

The pounding bass line vibrated the whole club, feeling the bass at my feet as I walked through the crowded room. The stobe lights cascaded off the walls, temporarily illuminating the strangers faces.

This wasn't quite my scene, I felt totally out of place. My roomates dragged me here only to abandon me minutes later. I should've been studying, it was finals week of my last year of college. I needed to be knee deep in Econ right now, but here I am, pulling down the short black dress, I borrowed from Stacey, my roomate. I sighed heavily pursing my lips. I pushed my way through the crowd, finding the last seat available at the bar.

"Can I just get a water please?" I asked the bartender, who nodded briskly before turning to retrieve my drink.

"Water?" a southern drawl repeated next to me.

I turned slightly catching a small glimpse of his face from the dancing strobe lights. His eyes hidden by his glasses,his strong jawline, and full lips.GOD he was beautiful. My breath caught in my throat, as I clammered to respond.

"Uh, I don't drink..I'm the designated driver,anyway." I managed turning my eyes back to the bartender, who had returned with my glass. "Thank you." I said to him to taking the glass.

"Why you don't drink?" he asked leaning closer to me, His shoulder against mine. The contact was electric, I felt my whole body shudder against his touch.

"I don't know. I just don't like it."

"How can you say you don't like it..if you never tried it?" he replied.

I shook my head, taking in his question. "I guess you're right." I said.

"You'll come to learn, sweetheart . I'm always right." he smiled looking at me. His hand flung up waving at the bartender. "Get her what I'm having." he said over the loud music.

"And what is it that you're having?" I asked the beautiful stanger.

"Hopefully....you." he said a smirk appearing on his face.

My breath hitched as I lowered my head a smile plastered on my face.

"You expect me to let you have me, and I don't even know your name? What kind of girl do you think I am, sir?" I asked still feeling his gaze bore into me. He smirked again moving in closer to me.

"I think you my kinda girl." he whispered into my ear.

Jesus. I'm so glad I didn't stay home to study.

His lips grazed my skin and his fingers began to twirl strands of my hair. I gasped slightly, shocked by his sudden closeness.

"Your drink." the bartender interrupted sliding the clear liquid in my direction.

"Cheers." he whispered before he pulled away.

I say boy you done did it. Love how you kiss it. Ooh you can get it.

My lips wrapped around the glass, taking a small sip feeling the liquid already burning my chest. I squeezed my eyes shut lowering the glass.

"A bit strong." I laughed.

"It gets better, keep drinking." he smiled against his glass.

I opened my eyes and tilted my head back, downing the drink. Slamming the glass down on the bar.

"Whoo."

"Damn girl." he laughed. He put down his drink grabbing my hand. "Come dance with me."