Smoking Gun

*Warning: this story is very dark, very violent, very much depressing

*Warning: this story is very dark, very violent, very much depressing. So if you have any gun violence, abuse, kidnapping, hostage triggers, I would skip this story... but if you're going to stick around, I'd suggest listening to the song before you read.

Well I put the feeling off for so long...I couldn't bare to see you moving on.

My leg jumped with anticipation. I sat surrounded by darkness, my fingers starting to dig into the arms of the plush chair, I'd been sitting in all night. She left hours ago...another date.

We'd only been broken up a week, and she'd already been on two dates with this corny nigga. I scoffed at the thought of how easy it was for her to just move on, act like we never existed, like I didn't mean shit.

I fucking loved her, I still love her.. and she has the audacity to pull some shit like this.. think she's gonna just up and leave me? Nah. She got this--me fucked up. I got tired of crying, I got tired of calling, I got tired of pacing the floor, wondering what she was doing, who she was doing. So I started plotting.

Cause nobody else can have you...

With my revolver in my lap, sitting quietly in her apartment, I waited impatiently for her return. She was going to listen, she was going to feel me. She was going to take me back. And if that lame nigga she with step foot in here, it's his funeral too.

I grabbed the sides of my head, pulling my hair lightly in frustration. My arms tense and my jaw clenched, she drove me fucking crazy.  I showed her that, she knew she was all I wanted... Apparently the feeling wasn't mutual.. She tore my walls down, got my trust, made me fall for her..then that bitch stomped on my heart. I changed for her, I became a person she could love, but she doesn't want me.

You told me what I gave was not enough and the dumbing down of love has made you numb... You say that you don't feel anything at all..

"Well, thank you, Jason..I had fun." Her muffled voice came from the other side of the door.

My hands quickly connected with the pistol on my lap. My fingers tightening around the handle. Her keys jingled against the door as the lock slowly turned. "Goodnight." She called, stepping through the door. I leaned back, cowering further into the darkness. She closed the door behind her, her hand reaching up to flick on the light. As the room illuminated, I closed my eyes briefly, the sudden light burning my eyes. She audibly gasped. My disheveled figure appearing before her for the first time in a week.

"August?! Wha--What are you doing here." She questioned. I said nothing, this wasn't her time to talk, this was my time. I pulled back the trigger of the revolver still sitting in my lap. I watched her eyes widen in shock, a smirk playing on my lips.