Cursed

So here it is. I was listening to this song on my way home from work and I got inspired.

On my way to work today, I never thought in a million years, I'd run into him again. The only man I've ever loved, the only one who has apart of me I'll never get back. He has taken up every free thought I've ever had for the past three years and now here he was in the flesh. I watched him in silence across the store hoping he wouldn't notice me but still quietly praying that he would.

I'm cursed with loving you baby. It hurts cause you'll never know it.

His eyes scanned the merchandise while two big men trailed behind him. I watched all the girls flock to the now locked store demanding entry to ogle what once was mine. All of my coworkers swooned and smiled trying their hardest to get his attention, but he didn't flinch, he politely declinded their help as he moved through the store.

My eyes followed him as he browsed, he hadn't changed a bit. Still the same ol' Aug I used to know. He began to talk to his bodyguards, a bright smile spreading across his face. My eyes fell to his lips and my body shook with pleasure just remembering how good they felt against my bare skin, and how gentle he was with me, I even remembered the way his fingers used to make me squirm.

I was put here to hopelessly love you and you ain't thinking of me that's the torture I go through.

He captured my every thought,  even when I was with other guys, I laughed and smiled and even called a few my boyfriend but no one compared to August, no one was ever good enough to hold my heart the way August did.

"Bree?" a familiar voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I spun around slamming into something hard.

"Oh. I'm so--" I trailed off as I locked eyes with those brown irises I missed so much. "August." I whispered.

A smile crept across his face as he pulled me in for a hug. "I knew that ass from anywhere. " he laughed making me giggle as well. "It's nice to see you, baby." He said pulling away from me to scan my body up and down. Under his gaze I suddenly felt self-conscious.  I peeked behind me only to catch a glimpse of my coworkers making the screwface at us.

"Its nice to see you too August."  I said slyly pulling away from him, already missing his touch.

It's been a long, long time now and I'm still trying to get you out of my head, of my heart, of my whole damn soul. This love is still lingering it's getting old.

"What you been up to, beautiful? " His smile was luring me in. I wanted to walk away. I wanted to hate him for hurting me the way he did three years ago, but his touch was intoxicating,  his voice was like music to my ears, and his smile brought back all those butterflies I'd thought I lost.

"Um. Just working and school, same ol', same ol'..but, I've been good.. What about you, superstar!" I said a smirk on my face. He'd always turn so bashful when I called him that and judging by the huge smile on his face as he looked to the ground,  that hadn't changed.

"I'm grinding. You know me, sleep is for the rich." he said.

"Well, I know you're getting some good naps in, Nigga." I said with a laugh.

He shook his head still smiling. He was so humble. "I been missing you, Bree. I tried calling but-- I fucked up and I'm sorry." he said suddenly serious.

But it ain't dying, it's not even trying and I can't fight it. I just bury it at the bottom hoping you might find. You were my love, you were my first and now this love is just a curse. Oh, Yeah

I was taken back,  I wasn't expecting this apology.  I wanted to yell, and scream, and cry. I wanted to tell him every thought that has been weighing on me for three years, but this wasn't the time or place.  So I just shrugged my shoulders.  "It's no big deal, August. It's the past..." I trailed off before my voice could betray me.