Leave Your Lover

Hi, I just wanted to say that alot of my imagines will be based on songs it's how I get my inspiration,  I haven't really seen anyone doing August imagines with this particular writing style so I think it'll be refreshing and here is one based on Sam Smith's Leave Your Lover.  Enjoy!

August POV

"Come here girl, I aint playing wit'chu!" I said trying to conceal my laughter as I chased my longtime friend, Jess, around her living room.

"I said I'm sorry!" she giggled still running. 

"Fuck that, watch when I catch yo' ass!" I said gaining on her. Damn she was fast. 

"The fuck you gonna do, August? " she said looking back and losing her footing, she stumbled but caught herself. I took this as my chance to catch her.

I cut across the living room grabbing her waist, trapping her between me and the wall. Our chests heaved in sync, I noticed our lips were just inches apart.  I pushed against her leaning in closer until...

"Bae, where you at?" I heard her boyfriend, Trey, call from the foyer.

Jess pushed me away quickly, fixing herself up as she called out. "I'm in the living room, babe."

I don't have much to give, but I don't care for gold. What use is money, when you need someone to hold?

"So, we ain't gon' talk about what just happened? " I said in a hushed tone.

"No! we won't August.. Not now, Trey's here. " she said just in time for Trey to appear in the doorframe.

"Hey babe." he said walking in giving her a sloppy kiss on the lips.

I turned my head, slightly rolling my eyes. I cleared my throat causing them to break apart.

Don't have direction, I'm just rolling down this road. Waiting for you to bring me in from out the cold.

"Aw man, Wassup Aug!" he said finally noticing I was even there. He pulled away from Jess reaching his arm out toward me for a shake.

"Wassup Trey." I said returning the gesture.  When I first got signed Trey and I were real good friends, he was like a mentor to me, but then he met Jess at my album release party. It hurt like hell to see them together when I knew how I really felt about her. I shoulda just told her when I had the chance.

You'll never know the endless nights, the rhyming of the rain, Or how it feels to fall behind and watch you call his name.

"Aug, tell me you coming to my party tonight! Its gonna be so live. I'd hate to see you miss it."

Jess looked at me nervously, hoping I'd say no. I knew she wouldn't want to be with me all night with this awkward tension still between us.

"Yeah, you know I wouldn't miss that shit." I said to her dismay.

I wanted to talk and I know she'll have no choice but to talk tonight.

*The Party*

"I wanna make a toast to another year older, another year wiser, and another year I get to kick it with all the people I love. " Trey recited as we all lifted our drinks in the air of the VIP section.  Everyone cheered and downed their shots in honor of the birthday boy, but he was the furthest thing from my mind and now with this liquor in my system, I was prepared for whatever outcome this conversation could possibly end with. I just needed her to know..

We sit in bars and raise our drinks to growing old. Oh, I'm in love with you and you will never know, But if I can't have you I'll walk this life alone. Spare you the rising storms and let the rivers flow