Make It To Me

PART DOS: ENJOY!!

"Oh, Maya!" My mother exclaimed. "You look so beautiful, baby." She did as her hands stroked my dress.

"Thanks, Ma." I replied, smiling a small smile.

"This must be the happiest day of your life baby girl, you'll remember it forever.." She said smiling from ear to ear.

I sighed as I averted my gaze back to the full length mirror infront of me. She was kind of right. I was beautiful, I was surrounded by everyone that loves and cares for me, and I going to have the wedding ceremony of my dreams, so why was I so unhappy?

"You okay baby?" My auntie asked concerned as she fixed my already perfect hair.

"I'm fine, TeeTee." I smiled falsely.

" I think its just premarital jitters." My mother cooed beside her. "But it's going to be okay baby, because you are going to marry the man you love, the rest of your life begins today,  honeybun." She smiled her hands resting on either side of my face.

My eyes started to brim with tears, when the realization finally kicked in. I wasn't marrying the man I loove. I was going to be stuck with Brian for the rest of my life, and the one my heart belongs to won't acknowledge in that way.

"Aww, don't cry sweetie!" My mother cooed dabbing away my tears. "You'll ruin your makeup."

"Sorry. Uh, can I have a minute alone please?" I asked. My mother agreed, giving me space. I walked out of the bridal suite, stepping onto the balcony, closing the bay windows behind me.

The view of the venue was spectacular, beautiful lush green trees and grass, our cream and white decor all over, and white roses and chairs littered the grass and not too far in the distance was a gorgeous clear blue lake. It was wonderful weather for a wedding, but my insides felt like a tornado.

I gripped ahold of the stone railing, eyes closed, taking in deep breaths. I knew I was all alone but I could still feel his hands touching me, his lips against my skin.

My mind runs away to you, with the thought I hope you'll see. Can't see where it's wandered to but I know where it wants to be.

My tears blanketed my eyes again, spilling over onto my cheeks. God he was all I wanted and the more I thought about him, the more I wanted to just run to him and profess these feelings.

Just stop Maya, I'm being so foolish. August vwould laugh in my face for how ridiculous I was being.

I'm waiting patiently though time is moving slow.

I took in a deep breath, trying to shake the thoughts of August from my mind.

"Maya. The photographer is here. She wants to take pictures of you getting ready." My cousin said through a crack in the door.

"OK. Give me a second." I said patting my eyes and cheeks.

"Yeah, of course." She said shuting the door.

I looked down at the engagement ring on my left finger, thinking about the day he gave it to me. We were so happy then, or at least I thought we were. Not long after I found out he'd been less than faithful while on the road with August last year.

Just looking at it, makes you aware of how time can change you. It's just crazy how something that meant so much to me back then, could mean so little to me now. 

It also makes me aware of how differently I feel about Brian and how much I really loathe the idea of being tied down to him.

I thought this was what I wanted. I thought HE was what I wanted, my mom loves him, my dad, hell my whole damn family. He's financially capable and he treats me decently.