Have You Ever?

I hopped into my car, I could already feel the sting of my tears. My hands shook as I fumbled with the keys. My hair dripped wet from the rain that had started to pour.Just my luck right?

The worst day of my life and then it rains all over me. I couldn't contain my sobs as the sound escaped my lips. I stuck the key in the ignition pushing the car in drive and speeding off into the deserted city. Everyone was back at the party celebrating.

They were so excited over the engagement, I should've been too. I should've been congratulating them and getting fucking hammered and hooking up with the bestman, but I couldn't help that I was in love with the groom.

I couldn't help that I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs that this shouldn't be happening. But I guess that's what I get.

August was my bestfriend and the first boy I'd ever loved. It's just that a year ago,  I couldn't admit that to myself. I didn't think what I felt for August was love.

I thought it was normal, that is, until I saw them together that's when it hit me. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep thinking about them together. And the sick part is that I set them up!

I forced him into going out with her, I guess I didn't think it'd turn into marriage..

The stinging became intolerable as the tears started to flow, the sobs became louder when I heard the familiar tune on the radio..

Have you ever loved somebody so much It makes you cry/ Have you ever needed something so bad/ You can't sleep at night/ Have you ever tried to find the words /But they don't come out right /Have you ever, have you ever

Was this my life sad 90's love songs? Had I hit rock bottom? My fingers found the tuner but they wouldn't press the button the melody lured me in making me listen.

My sobs grew even louder the words reminding me of every emotion I felt. I twisted the dial turning up the radio trying to drown out the sounds of my pain. 

Have you ever been in love /Been in love so bad /You'd do anything to make them understand /Have you ever had someone steal your heart away /You'd give anything to make them feel the same

 Between the rain and the tears my vision had become blurry,  my movements becoming more erratic with the convulsions of the sobs. My heart was beating a mile a minute in my chest making it impossible to breath.

How could I let August slip away like this? How could I have been so stupid? The love of my life was getting married to the girl I set him up with.

This was my fault. Why didn't I tell him I loved him when I had the chance? Now he loves someone else..it's too late.

Have you ever searched for words to get you in their heart/ But you don't know what to say /And you don't know where to start /Have you ever loved somebody so much It makes you cry /Have you ever needed something so bad /You can't sleep at night /Have you ever tried to find the words /But they don't come out right/ Have you ever, have you ever 

My make up ran down my face, my hair was semi dry and poofing around my face, my eyes were red and puffy and my new blue dress was ruined by the rain. But I'm sure August's new fiancé is primped and proper. She never had a hair out of place her clothes were always pressed and prepared the night before. She was the master at being center of attention,  Her beautiful brown eyes shone with love when she looked at him, and her perfect smile lit up the entire room. I couldn't stand being there watching them laugh together, watching them kiss each other.

I couldn't stand seeing the pure happiness on their faces when they locked eyes from across the room.

I couldn't take it any longer.  I ran from the party and out into the pouring rain. I could no longer stand there and pretend to be happy when all I wanted was to scream at the top of my lungs.