Breaking The Law

It's been awhile but here's an update! The song is Emeli Sande- Breaking the law. I love this song and it made me think of a story to tell so here it is..Enjoy!

.....

When you need to smile, but you can't afford it. Go on point it out. I'm gonna steal it. When the floor is more familiar than the ceiling. I will break in late at night. Shake up how you're feeling.

August Pov

The nurses walked in all night, keeping me from resting more than twenty minutes at a time. I probably should've been in the studio working on my music, but she was more important. As of last night, Naya was high risk and in desperate need of a liver.

Since it was impossible to rest, I watched her all night. I watched as the lines on her monitors jumped up and down and her chest swell and fall. My mind kept going back to how I found her..

I was on my way home from the studio when I got a phone call. I found out I had a major meeting with Def Jam in a few weeks, I raced home to tell Naya the good news. I ran up the stairs to our apartment calling out her name.

"NAYA!!....BAE WHERE YOU AT?!.....NAYA!" I walked around the apartment looking in every room. Approaching our master bedroom door, I could hear the sound of running water. Oh, she's in the shower. I opened the door walking into the bedroom. I looked to my left and saw the bathroom door closed. I twisted the knob but it was locked. "Naya!" I yelled through the bathroom door. Nothing. "Naya!" I screamed again, banging on the door. Nothing. I listened at the door for a second but I heard nothing. It was too quiet.

Worry began to set in, my heart started to pound as I drove my shoulder into the door. It crashed open, hanging slightly from the frame.

I ripped back the shower curtain and found her there. She was unconscious, her hands and toes had pruned from the water. Her body was ice cold despite the warm temperature. Her face and body was pale and her lips started to turn white, she was barely breathing.

I turned off the water and covered her with a towel. I shakily pulled my phone out of pocket and dialed 911.

I was broken out of my thoughts by a quiet groan.

"How you feelin' beautiful?" I asked stroking her hair lightly as she stirred from her slumber.

"Like peaches n' cream." she smiled up at me. Her beautiful brown eyes locked with mine, making my heart skip a beat.

Her strength was inspiring, it amazed me how inspite of her condition, her smile could still light up a room. I had known Naya had always been sick in the past, but I thought she was better now. Nothing like this had ever happened since we met.

"Well, that's good,baby." I said pulling her hand to my lips for a soft kiss.

Naya's doctor entered the room with a slight smile, he held her chart in his hands as he greeted me with a hand shake.

"Mr.Alsina." he greeted firmly.

"Doctor. " I replied back.

"I have some news for you Mrs.Alsina. One of our patients, Mrs.Hoover, who was also waiting on a liver, unfortunately died this morning."

Naya's eyebrows knitted together as her hands flew up to cover her mouth as she cried, She grew fond of Mrs.Hoover these last few days,they went through chemo together. I gently rubbed circles on her legs to calm her.

"But, since Ms.Hoover is no longer with us, that makes you a candidate for the next available liver transplant. "

"Well, that's good. right? Is it soon? " I asked looking up at the doctor with a smile. We thought we'd have to wait months for a liver.