Chapter 5

Zhan was reorganizing the stuff in the rack inside the store. He hummed the song that played through the speaker in the corner of the store. He heard the doorbell chimes, telling him that someone is entering the store. Zhan turned his gaze to the heavy glass door that swings closed slowly, but he failed to see the person who just came into the store. Zhan shrughed it off, then continues arranging the stuff.

He got up and walked to the back to keep the basket he used to carry the stuff inside the storage room.

Cling! Cling! Cling!

Somebody hitting the table bell at the counter calling him to serve them.

"Coming!" Zhan replied the call. He walked to the counter.

Zhan slid into the counter and serves the customer without paying attention to the customer. He started to scan the stuff the customer placed on the table.

"It will be 47.86 yuan, Sir!" He said, raising his head and looks at thr customer.

He was taken aback when he saw the man in front of him. Instead of giving the sum Zhan mentioned, the customer stared at the Omega sternly.

"How are you?" Asked the man with his husky voice.

"G-good. I think...!" Zhan stuttered.

The man smirked at him.  Zhan swear, this man's smirk is so coldly sexy. The man gave him a 10 yuan bill without stop looking at Zhan.

Zhan took the bill and observed it

"Sir? The money is not enough to pay the things you've bought....!" Said Zhan.

And suddenly the smirk on the man's face gone. He snatched the bill in Zhan's hand and checks on it. He quickly slammed it on the table and took another bill from his wallet. He slammed it on the table then ran out of the store immediately after grabbing the plastic bag filled with his goods.

"Sir? Wait! Hey!" Zhan shouted at the man.

Zhan heaved a sigh and hung his head low. He looked at the bill in his hand with nominal 50 yuan. Then he also glanced at 10 yuan bill left by the man on the table.

"You forgot the change...." Zhan mumbled.

Zhan kept the bill inside the drawer and slammed it shut. He was alert when the bell chimes again. He thought it was the earlier man who wants to get the change.

"Hey, Zhan!"

But it's not that man. It:s Jiang Cheng, his buddy.

"Oh! Cheng...!' Zhan muttered and drops his alert.

"What's with that face? You look not happy to see me here!" Jiang Cheng snapped when he saw Zhan's expression.

"And why should I be happy to see your boring face?" Zhan retorted.

"As if your face is pleasant to see...!" Grumbled Jiang Cheng.

Zhan puckered his lips.

Jiang Cheng snatched a packet of freshmen sweet from the rack and slams it on the table.

"Tonight are you free?" Asked Jiang Cheng.

Zhan pouted and shook his head. He scanned the stuff Jiang Cheng's passes to him.

"Bingqing is having her heat now. Nobody comes to replace her. So,I have to do it....!' Said Zhan. "Are you inviting me somewhere?" Asked Zhan, looking at Jiang Cheng.

"Tch! Only go for chilling. We're hardly to hang out together now. We both busy with our works....!" Replied Jiang Cheng.

Zhan bobbed his head. Cheng is his best buddy since childhood. They have experience many things together since they're in elementary school. They're as close as brothers. Unlike Zhan who is more generous, Cheng always places anything based on the price. Except for their friendship, of course. After they finished the high school, they decided to not go for college, but to get themselves a job. First, they worked together in a restaurant, but they are too clumsy. They've broke the kitchenwares multiple times.