Chapter 22

Day by day have passed. Yibo has lost his-old-self. He mostly spent his time alone in his room. The people in the house tried to ask him out, but Yibo never dare to get out of the room. Even the meal only set in front of his room's door which many times never touched by him. Renshu also tried to talk to him, but Yibo was really closed himself from anyone. His parents started to worry about his condition. It's been a week Yibo behaved like this.

Zhan's condition was  better than Yibo. He was allowed to come out of the house by his mother, but he seems too lazy to step out into the street. He even quit his job in the store without an official resign. The furthest he walks out was his house yard.

"Xiao Zhan!"

A man called him out of the fence.

Zhan turned his head to see the man. It was Mr. Zhu. Zhan smiled faintly at the man.

"Mr. Zhu...." He mumbled.

"Do you have time? I want to have a chit chat with you!" Asked Mr. Zhu.

Zhan stared at the man. Honestly, he feels want to be alone and talk to no one, but it would be rude if he refuse the man's favor. Hesitantly, he nodded.

Mr. Zhu grinned excitedly. He jumped off the wooden fence that only about 80 cm tall. Zhan brought the man to the porch and they sat on the steps to the porch.

Mr. Zhu didn't immediately speaks. He looked at Zhan's gloomy face, then he averted his eyes to the grass on the yard. Then he chuckled. Zhan looked at him weirdly.

"Where's your Mum?" Asked Mr. Zhu.

"Why are you always asking about her whenever we starting a conversation? By any chance, do you like her?" Zhan a little bit snap.

"Me?" Mr. Zhu was shock with Zhan's question. He pointed at himself.

"Mr. Zhu, I barely know you. My mother, too. And I'm telling you, my Mum isn't a divorcee, neither a widow. She's still have a husband!" Said Zhan. "Even though we never seen him anymore since 14 years ago..." then he mumbled the words.

Mr. Zhu chuckled.

"Kid... I have no desire to find a new mate after I lost my mate two decades ago. I only want to look for my child and protect him....!" Said Mr. Zhu.

Zhan stared at Mr. Zhu.

"Your child? You have a child?" Zhan asked in disbelief.

"I do,' Mr. Zhu nodded. "But I have to lost him because of the wrath of the big people...!"

"What do you mean?" Asked Zhan, began to feel interested.

Mr. Zhu didn't answer. He glanced at Zhan, then he smiled.

"I heard you got a trouble with your mother because of an Alpha?" Mr. Zhu changed the topic.

Zhan swallowed his saliva, then he turned away from Mr. Zhu's gaze.

"Do you like him?" Asked Mr. Zhu.

"Like who?" Zhan asked him back.

"The Alpha," replied Mr. Zhu.

"Why should I tell you?" Zhan huffed.

"Even if I won't be able to help you to get him to you, but maybe you'll feel better after you tell me....!" Said Mr. Zhu. He smirked.

Zhan didn't answer. He was busy knocking the sole of his slippers against each other. Then he lowered his head, looking at his slippers.

"But he's my brother...." he muttered.