Chapter 30

Zhan walked down the forest, plans to go back to the hut. The journey wasn't easy and took longer with Yibo on his back. Zhan felt the burden carrying the unconscious Alpha because Yibo will put all his body weight on Zhan's back. But Zhan had no time to complain. His mission was to save and protect the Alpha whom fated to be his mate.

Zhan kept walking. He thought the way became longer than he expected. He remembered that he didn't take too long when he left the hut. But this situation didn't stop him to keep go on, even though he was out of breath and beads of sweat rolling down through his face down to his neck and gliding on his body. Until then, Yibo was still unconscious, Zhan even feels that his body temperature got higher, which makes him tempted to get to the hut faster.

After almost an hour he walks, Zhan halted. He froze on his feet when he saw what he sees before his eyes.

"What is it? Why do I..? Aaargh!" Zhan groaned in frustrated.

How wouldn't he? He has back to the place where Yibo collapsed again after he thought that he took the right direction to go back to the hut near the waterfalls. He remembered that he went to the source of the waterfalls sounded. But why did he come back to the same spot where he was?

Zhan heaved a sigh. He didn't want to stop and rest. He needs to go back to the hut as soon as possible because he felt Yibo's temperature heated rapidly. He felt his back was burnt, but no way for him to dump the Alpha even though his back felt on fire.

He continued to walk. Sometimes he looked up at the sky. The sun crawled higher and burning the skin. Zhan continued kicking his legs back and forth, walking on the path covered by grass. Until he stunned when he found an entrance to the thick forest.

"Strange... I thought I walk on the same direction as earlier. But why now I meet a wood?" He mumbled to himself.

He looked at the surroundings. He still could hear the sound of the waterfalls, but now it came from everywhere, makes him confused where should he walk to.

A soft moan made by Yibo as his head moves slightly on Zhan shoulder. Zhan glanced at the Alpha through the corner of his eyes. Yibo mumbled something that Zhan couldn't understand with eyes still shut.

"What?" Asked Zhan.

"Thirsty.... Water...." Yibo roughly whispered. He couldn't speak clearly. His throat was dry and pain.

"I don't see any water source here....!" Said Zhan.

"Wa-terfalls...." Yibo hissed.

"I don't know where should I  go. I can hear it comes from everywhere. But I don't which way....!" Replied Zhan.

Yibo opened his eyes slowly. He looked at the wood. And slowly he raised his finger and pointed into the wood.

"There. There must be water inside....!" He said with a hoarse voice.

"How do you know?" Asked Zhan.

"It's a wood...." Replied Yibo.

"Not every wood have water inside. Even they do, it's very difficult to reach. And sometimes the water is not edible...!" Said Zhan.

Yibo made a tap on Zhan's back.

"At least just try...." He whispered.

Zhan sighed. He fixed his carrying position, pushed Yibo's butts higher. Then he started to walk again, entering the wood he never know before.

"I feel hot...." Yibo whispered.

"You got fever. I told you to listen to your mother's advise....!" Half grumbling Zhan answered.