Chapter 20

The day when Zhan feels the need to see Yibo after he's been grounded by his mother, he took the risk by  jump down from tjye window. He had no idea why does he need to see the Alpha. The powerful strength inside him forced him to do so. So, only wearing the pyjamas and bathroom slippers, Zhan ran out of the yard and on the estate's pavements.

But when he thought that he was save from his mother:s sight, suddenly he feels the great strength pushing him back to the house.

"No! No! Nooo....!!!' Zhan screamed helplessly.

And he's been thrown into the house.

"What's going on??"

He heard his mother's voice came from the back.

"What the hell is this going on?" Baozhai froze in the middle of the room, looking at her son who fell on the floor.

"Zhan? I thought you are grounded. What are you doing here?" Asked Baozhai.

Zhan looked up at his mother. Guilt is written all over his face seeing his mother who looks disappointed and angry.

"Mum...." Zhan couldn't say another.words.  They're all choked up in his throat.

"I saw him jumped.down the window and ran only wearing pyjamas and slippers. So, I guess something is wrong, Madam Xiao....!" Said the man who brought Zhan back to the house.

Baozhai looked at the man. She furrowed her brows. She felt that shye recognizing the man, somehow. But she couldn't remember him.

"Do I know you?" Asked Baozhai to get the answer.

"Ahh... I'm Zhu. Zhu Chin Wei!" Replied the man, introduces himself.

"Owh? Are you new here?" Asked Baozhai.

"Well, yeah... I moved here about three months ago...! I often talk with your son, Xiao Zhan...!" Said the man.

Baozhai stunned. She turned her gaze to Zhan who lowered his head deeply. Then she turned back to the man. He observed the man.

"Zhu Chin Wei.... I think I've heard that name before...."  Baozhai thought.

Feeling observed with the suspicious look, the man excused himself from the house.

"I think... I gotta go now. My house is only a few blocks from here....!" Said the man, excused himself.

"Ow! Ok. Thank you! For returning back my son....!" Replied Baozhai, glaring at Zhan.

The man smiled and nodded. Then he stepped out of the house and walked away.

Baozhai watched the man's back from the door. The thought was bugging her mind, somehow.

"Zhu Chin Wei... Li Chin Wei.... Ah! Couldn't be. I heard him died already by the pack of the fox...." Mumbled Baozhai to herself.

Then she closed the door before she turns back to Zhan who already get up on his feet.

"Where did you think you are going, Young Man?" Snapped Baozhai.

"Mum! I need to see him!" Cried Zhan.

"Why do you need to? Tell me? Do you love him??' yelled Baozhai.

"Mum...?" Zhan staggered with his raging mother. He felt afraid of the woman he knows as his mother, but now seems to turn into a completely another person.

Baozhai glared at her son with the flash of anger in her eyes.

"Why do you hate him that much? What did he do wrong to you, Mum?" Cried Zhan. His tears rolled down the cheeks.