Chapter 21

Zhan who was  lying in the dark shades inside his room was surprise when he heard the cracking sound downstairs outside of his room. He heard a drone noise, flying around the window, but he ignored it. But when the cracking sound and a low growl appeared along with the disappearance of the sound of the drone, Zhan got up and looked at the window. He stunned, didn't dare to step up to the window. What he was afraid of was, what if there is Yibo? He knows he won't be able to turn away after this. Yes, he sensed the Alpha's scent. But it wasn't Yibo's. Or his mother. Even he couldn't recognize it as a wolf's scent.

Slowly, Zhan stood up and walked to the window. Inside, he tried to calm his rapid heartbeat. He pushed the curtain with his tremble hand. The light creeping into the room when the curtain flicked. Zhan extended his next to scan the condition outside. There was no drone flying around at the window. Zhan tried to see at down there, thought might yhere is anyone or anything. But with the window blocking his space to view and the light that was poor, Zhan has the trouble to see clearly. So, he challenged himself to open the window and popped his head out of the window.

He looked at the ground. There was no one. But his eyes caught something lied on the ground. The small drone. It lied helplessly in a poor condition.

"Zhan!"

Zhan jolted up when he heard his mother's voice outside of the room. He turned his head to the door, then quickly closed the window again. He ran back to the bed, but his leg got tripped by something. He fell down and created a thud sound.

The door swung open and the light was turned on.

"What are you doing there?" Baozhai furrowed her brows when he saw Zhan was sitting on the floor.

"I.... Tripped!" Replied Zhan.

"Why don't you want to switch on the lights?" Baozhai stepped into the room.

Zhan leaned on the leg of the bed and hugged his knees.

"It is better for me...." Zhan mumbled.

Baozhai sighed. He stared at Zhan who sulking.

"I'm sorry, ok? It's not what I want! He's your brother!" Said Baozhai.

Zhan raised his face and looked at his mother.

"How do you know he's my brother?" Zhan retorted.

"Because that woman..." Baozhai Was unable to finish his words since Zhan cut her words off.

"So you believe in that woman you just saw  more than you believe in Father who you live with for years?" Zhan cut his mother's sentence.

"Zhan! Ah! I don't know how to explain to you!" Baozhai waved her hands roughly.

"Mum! You don't know her. And you don't know Yibo, too!" Said Zhan.

"Of course I do know who that bad Alpha!"  Shouted Baozhai.

"You only judge him from his appearance! Mum! You live with him for years! You see him every day! How can't you know how he is? How his felling is? Everyone made with two side of them. Good and evil! Like I still love you, despite you're stopping me to get what makes me happy, yet I still obey you and listen to you. Why? Because I know you have the good side, gentle side. You're my mother, Mum! I've lived with you for my whole life! You're not always evil, but you also sometimes tired of being good. I know that!"

"Enough, Xiao Zhan! Since when you can talk like that to me? Your mother! Since you close to him, right? See? He's a bad influence to you!"

"Mum! I'm mature enough to decide what is good for my life. So, please! Accept.it!"