Chapter 26

Yibo and Zhan at least spent their time in the inhibitor for a week. Their rut and heat were over after three days, but they wanted to be alone longer with no one distract them.

However, they heard someone came and called them out of the inhibitor after five days. But they ignored them. They knew the person was Baozhai but they still want to be together before she makes a fuss against their relationship again.

And that day, when finally they got out of their nest with fresher look and stamina, happily they go upstairs, straight away to the kitchen to get some fresh food.

"Someone is at home...!" Said Yibo when he smells the fragrance of food being cooked.

They stopped before they enter the kitchen.

"Maybe Mum..." Zhan turned to Yibo.

"Oh, shit...!" Yibo cursed under his breath.

"Come on. We can explain to her about your background...!" Said Zhan, grabbing Yibo's wrist and guides him to the kitchen.

At first, Yibo was hesitant to go in. But the touch of Zhan's hand eased all the uneasiness in him. So, after he took a deep breath, he started to follow Zhan into the kitchen.

Zhan opened the door. He didn't see anyone there, but he saw a pot was sitting on one of the stoves releasing the steam that creating the nice smell of the food that flying around the house.  Yibo grabbed Zhan's hand. Zhan turned to him.

"Another Alpha in the living room..." Yibo whispered. He turned his head to another part of the house. "More tan one..."

"Who?" Zhan asked.

Yibo shook his head.

"I'm not familiar with the scent..." replied Yibo.

Zhan stared at the Alpha, asking for the decision. Honestly, he didn't scent the other Alpha's scent as Yibo told him. He was wonder too, how can't he sense it while Yibo does?

"I'll go check in the living room.You go and see your mother...!" said Yibo.

Zhan looked a little wary, but eventually he nodded, allows the Alpha to do his sense. Yibo took a glance at Zhan before he left, then he turned to the other side and left Zhan in the kitchen. Zhan saw him off for a few seconds, before he turned back and stepped into the kitchen.He looked around the kitchen. There was no glimpse of his mother around but he was able to sense her scent.

"Mum?" Zhan called his mother.

No answer. Zhan went to the stove and stands before it,looking at the white pot that cooking something inside. 

He stood there for some time and didn't make any moves. He felt something wasn't right. He was wondering, if his mother is around, then where is he? Why didn't she come out to look after her cooking. He knows his mother very well. She won't leave the kitchen for long while cooking if there is nothing important. So, it was kinda weird to Zhan for not finding Baozhai around the kitchen while the stove is on with the boiling pot on it.

Zhan lifted his hand to open the pot's cover. He held the knob of the cover and ready to lift it. He lifted the cover. But he dropped his chance looking into the pot when he heard the squealing sound behind hm, at the left side.  He turned to the side and he found his mother was crawling on the floor with blood all over her body.

"Mum!!" Zhan screamed and dumped the cover.

Zhan ran to his mother.

"What happened, MUm? Why are you-,?"

"RUN!" hissed Baozhai under his breath. Her hand grips on Zhan's arm.

"W-who did this, Mum?" asked Zhan.