Chapter 28

Inside a room, silent and dark, the only lighting that lit up the room was the ray of the sun that creeps in from the glass ventilation. There was only a wooden bedframe without a mattress on it located in the center of the room. And on the bed frame, two figures are sitting with both legs folded in. One of them was a female, sitting before a male who putting his both palms on her back.

In the dark condition, the clear blue lighting surrounding them could be seen clearly. Another ray came out from the man's palm that plank on the female's back.

A moment later, the female's body seemed to shake. At first, was only light shaking, but it turned violent a few minutes later. Now both of the man and woman's bodies shook violently. The woman's face remained stays calm as if she didn't realize the shake or feel anything. The opposite condition to the man. His eyebrows creased deep, the beads of sweat started forming on his forehead and begins to roll down his face. His jaws clacking from his gritted teeth.

Suddenly the woman's front body jolted forward and blood spluttered out, and after that, her body seems to get fall on the side. The man caught her faster before her body touches the hard bedframe. While holding the woman, the man also released the blood from his mouth but he didn't bother it. He got down the bed and carried the woman, and he walked out of the room. He walked on the corridor. A middle-aged woman rushed toward him.

"How is she?' asked the woman.

The man didn't promptly answer. He stared at the woman.

"Let her rest. I need to go now. She'll wake up by tomorrow....!" Said the man.

The woman looked at the man. She was a little surprised when the man told her that he has to leave.

As if he knew what the woman was thinking, the man continued to talk:

"I have to heal myself. I got poisoned....!"

"Awh! Ok. Ok....!" Replied the woman.

Then the woman led the man to a room that she has prepared to take care of the injured woman. The man laid the woman in his arms on the clean bed. He sat on the edge of the bed next to the woman. He stared at the woman's face. He wiped the bloodstain that remained on her chin and lips. The middle-age woman watched him with questions in her head. She flinched when the man turned his head to her.

"Get me some water and clean cloth, please...!" Asked the man.

"Ehh... Yes. Yes. Coming!" Said the woman. Then she ran out of the room to get what the man has asked.

The man turned back to the woman who lies on the bed. He folded the woman's hands and put them on her chest then squeezed it softly.

"Why didn't you believe me? I never cheat you even once. I love you and Zhan...." He mumbled.

He kept looking at the woman's face. He let out the cough. He turned his head and covered his mouth while coughing. He stopped coughing, then he brings his hand down. The dark blood lays in his palm. He looked at it for some time. He quickly got up and stormed out of the room, leaving the woman alone.

A while later, the middle-aged woman came back into the room with a basin of water and a towel. And she seemed confused when she didn't find the man inside the room.

*****

The sound of birds rejoined with the other animals in the forest, diluted in the sound of the water falls hitting the rocks and the surface of the still water underneath that creates a big pond, allowing the water to flow to swift. The trees weren't thick enough to forbid the sunray creeping through the leaves to illuminate the forest. Burds flying round on the head of the waterfalls, then swooshing down to the river and touched the surface, then come back p with small fish between their beaks. The squirrels watched them from the trees while munching the nuts they had buried in their holes on the trees. When a group of hawks flew to the location, the squirrels that enjoying the free show in the Nature run fast to their holes to save their lives from the predators.