Chapter 17

Yibo brought Zhan to his room. The older man was terrified when they're caught by Aunty Wen in the pool. Zhan was afraid if she will tell his mother. He remembered how his mother was fed up whenever she found the boy lingering around him.

"I need to go home!" Said Zhan, ran to the door.

Yibo caught Zhan's hand. Zhan turned and looked at Yibo.

"You can't go home like this. At least, change your outfit....!" Said Yibo.

"No need. I'm fine...!" Replied Zhan, pulled his hand from Yibo's grip. Actually, he was worried if his mother sees the clothes he wears later. She must recognized the clothing.

"You'll catch a cold!" Said Yibo, grabbing Zhan's hand again but avoided by Zhan.

"It's better than being scolded by my mother!' snapped Zhan.

Yibo stunned. He stared at Zhan.

"Why does your mother hate me so much? Even when I was little....!" Asked Yibo, half-complaining.

This time was Zhan's turn to be puzzled. He also didn't know why his mother always try to put him away from Yibo. Since he was little, whenever he tried to approach the little Yibo around the mansion, his mother will snap and order him to go back to the worker's dormitory.

Zhan lowered his head.

"I.... Don't know. But I know she has her own reason by doing that...!" Said Zhan with a weak voice. He didn't want Yibo to have the negative opinions toward his mother.

"Is it because I'm an Alpha?" Asked Yibo.

Zhan looked up at the Alpha. Was it true? Was it because Yibo is an Alpha? But Daren is an Alpha, too. And Zhan knew him only about a year ago. But his mother seemed  doesn't mind if he close with Daren.

"A bad Alpha I am.... A lustful Alpha, I know. But don't I have the softer side, too? Because.... I don't want to keep living the life I used to be...." Said Yibo. He looked at Zhan with a soft gaze that makes Zhan's stomach churns.

"I-I... Gotta go!" Zhan grabbed the door handlle. He opened the door and stormed out of Yibo's room.

This time Yibo didn't try to stop him. He watched as Zhan disappear behind the wall, and he only could hear the footsteps as Zhan stomps away.

Yibo sat beside the foot of the bed
He ruffled his hair. He didn't bother with his drenched clothes that still drip the water.

Why falling in love is so painful? They are lying...! They're lying about how beautiful falling in love is! it's sucks and hurts a lot! But I can't stop wanting him. Not to fuck around. I want him to be my mate for a lifetime! But why is it so difficult to get him? Even when he surrendered himself in my arms already? Why is there so many hassles and hurdles stand on my way to get to him?

Unconsciously, the clear liquid trickled down Yibo's cheeks. It felt warm on his skin, and the salty taste could he taste when it rolling in the corner of his lips. He wiped his tears then stands up.

"I shouldn't be like this. I'm a powerful young Alpha. Why am I so weak? If I want him, I have to fight! Even if that has to be his mother....!"  Yibo declared.

He took a deep breath and walked to the wardrobe to change his drenched clothes.

****"

Zhan came home. His clothes had half-dried when he climbed down his scooter. Thanks to the wind that helped him ti dry his clothes on the way home. He took the plastic bag that hangs on the handle bar. When he looks at the plastic bag, he remembered about his conversation with Aunty Wen when he comes back downstairs. Aunty Wen waited for him with the plastic bag in her hand.