Chapter 41

Dedicated to nancy_6 for following me. Thank you. :)

I thought that you guys might like to see how deep Gavin and Steel's friendship runs so here you go. 

Love you guys. <3

Vote and comment what you think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ALEX'S POV*

"Why would he just leave? He saw me, didn't he?" I ask out loud to no one in particular.  "Is he avoiding me?"

I hear a chuckle from behind me that has goosebumps spreading across my body....and not the good kind.

"It's not you that he's avoiding, Steel."

"Jake! What are you doing here?!" I ask, taking a defensive stance in front of Chad.

"Oh you know, just seeing who's still on the market," Jake says with a sly grin and winks at the nearest girl.

"You're sick." I spit out, and then realize something.  "How are you even here? You're dad kicked you out of the pack and Rogues aren't allowed in The Hunt."

"Funny that you should mention that actually, Steel, I would like to introduce my new Alpha to you," Jake puts his hand on the shoulder of a man standing next to him.

No way.

"Steel, this is Alpha Omar. Have you met?" Jake asks with mock innocence and a dark glint in his eye.

"We've had an altercation or two," I say, gritting my teeth to keep my antsy wolf at bay.

Why would this hormonal slob accept Jake into his. . . . Wait nevermind.

There are too many similarities between the two.

Alpha Omar gives me the same disgusting appreciative once over that he gave me when we first met at last year's Hunt.

"It's nice to see you again, Steel.  I've heard so much about you." Alpha Omar looks me over yet again, and I surpress a disgusted shiver.  "As Pack Warrior for the DarkShade Pack, you should know that there has been a change in who holds the Beta position for my pack."

I don't like this....not one bit.

"So who is the new Beta?" I ask.

Please not Jake. Please not Jake. Please not Jake. Please not Ja-

"Jared Michealson," Alpha Omar says, a smug smirk on his face as he watches my reaction carefully.

My lips curl into a snarl, and I have Alpha Omar up against the wall with a hold on his suit jacket.

"Oh so you do know him," Alpha Omar says mockingly as he smiles down at me.

I growl up at him.

"Well this is a rather compromising position, don't you think?" He asks sweetly with a mischievous glint in his eyes which are darkening.

"You're a disgusting pervert," I say, releasing him and stepping away.

"Oh no, don't stop on my account. I was rather enjoying myself." Alpha Omar chuckles at my scrunched up face, and Jake joins in from the side.

"Why is our pack's traitor, Jared, your new Beta?" I ask.

"Our last Beta...er...retired." Alpha Omar smirks.

"He was thirty two." I grit out, my hands clenched.