Chapter 47

*Alex's POV*

I walk out of the shattered hospital doors, remembering Blake's powerful entrance and licking an ice cream cone happily.

Gavin had to get me a new one to replace the one he so rudely knocked out of my hand.

He was not getting away with murdering my beloved ice cream cone.

I hum as I follow Blake around, a bounce to my step.

Ice cream really helps with good vibes.

"So what is our pack's name?" I ask, picking up speed to fall into step beside Blake.

"The DarkShade Pack," he says quietly, almost like he didn't want the trees around us to hear.

"Oh....cool," I say, for lack of better word.

We return to silence.

"Um.... so why isn't your last name the pack name? Usually the pack name is the Alpha's last name. Like, the Summer's Pack..... the Dawning Pack...yadda yadda yadda..." I trail off, waving my hand dismissively in the air.

"It used to be the Jackson's Pack, but I made the decision to change it for the betterment of the pack." He says, his voice just a hair above silent.

"Why did you change it?" I ask, then lick my ice cream.

"Let's talk about this later," he says sharply, and I stiffen.

Well then.

I see people walking towards us and it's suddenly like I'm walking next to a shadow.

Blake's face is blank of emotion and he is silent and . . . cold.

The people walking towards us quickly walk past us, putting more space than necessary between us and them.

What was that about?

When they are far away from us, Blake's body relaxes again.

I open my mouth to ask him why he acted that way, but something told me it probably wasn't a good idea.

I close my mouth and then go for a seemingly better aproach to lighten the atmosphere.

"So Jackson huh?" I say, mockingly tapping my chin like I was evaluating it. "I like it. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?" I ask, glancing at Blake.

He just shrugs.

Ooooookaaay.

Not a chatty one.

He was definitely more social when we were in the hospital. It seems like he has encased himself in a shell.

"So where exactly is your car?" I ask.

"Truck." He says.

"What?"

"Not a car, a truck." He corrects.

"Oh, my bad," I say, smiling sheepishly.

He glances my way, and then his eyes look at my smile. The tip of his ears turn red.

I smother a smile down when I note that, and Blake clears his throat and rolls his shoulder.

"It's okay," he says, rubbing the back of his neck. "Um, my truck isn't too far from here."

"Okay," I say, still trying not to smile at the giddiness in my stomach. "You want some?"

I hold my half eaten cone out to him, and his lips twitch watching some melted ice cream stream down my hand.