Chapter 28

*Alex's POV*

Oh heck to the no.

"Whoever jacked my dang Nutella is going to die tomorrow," I yell.

I have killed enough people for today, plus that gives them enough time to put my precious back in it's spot.

I sniff, and shrug my shoulders. I have about two minutes before Susan tackles me down, so I run up the stairs. Taking them two at a time, and that's impressive for my short legs.

I shove people out of my way, head first, and burst through the Office doors.

I straighten up, and twirl dramatically.

"The princess is here!" I say in an accent.

"Uh," a voice says, in a shocked tone.

I peep through one lid to see Jake sitting on the other side of a wooden desk. He is sitting in a plastic chair, and I can't help the smile that tugs at the corners of my mouth.

"Oh, I didn't know Alpha Tyler was leaving trash around, I'll have to have an intense conversation with him about this," I say, letting my arms fall limp to my sides.

"Watch your tone," Jake says, gritting his teeth.

"Oooooo sassy trashy," I say, and snap my fingers twice.

Jake opens his mouth to respond, bt is cut off when the Office door opens.

"Hey, babe. How much trouble are you i-oh" a young redhead girl abruptly stops talking when her eyes land on me.

"Sup?" I say, nodding my head at her in greeting.

A frown settles on my features when I notice that a sweat broke out on her freckled forehead. SHe's staring at me like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Uh, h-hello," she stutters, and sends a panicky glance to Jake, but he's just sitting all comfortable in his plastic chair.

"Something the matter?" I question. "You seem a little nervous."

"M-Me? Nervous?" She chuckles forcefully, and I flinch.

"Alright, Hyena Hillary, slow down there," I complain, sticking my finger in my ear.

"S-sorry," she stutters, and I send a glance to Jake.

I open my mouth to ask what he looks so smug about, but Susan decides it's the perfect time to burst through the door like the freaking hulk.

"Steel, Lucas thought is would be funny to hide your Nutella!" Susan yells out, and I complain.

"As long as it's put back by tomorrow, I'm fine, Susan." I say, rubbing my poor ears.

I realize that I spoke in a dead silent room that is thick with tension.

Real smooth.

I look up, and see Susan giving the redhead a look that would have sent Rogues running for the hills.

Man, if looks could kill.

"Someone want to explain why perky Susan is giving Strawberry Shortcake the 'your dead in ten seconds' look?" I inquire, lifting an eyebrow.

"Now I have you," Susan snarls, and starts to lunge at the redhead.

Isaac wraps his arms around her from behind to keep her from clawing the girl's face off.

"What's your name again?" I ask the girl.

"S-Sally," she whispers from the corner in the room.

"Well, Sally, are you going to tell me why Miss Wyoming wants to rip your hair from the roots?" I say, crossing my arms.