Chapter 35

Alex's POV

I stand there with my legs slightly trembling, and clench my hands into fists when my hands

start to feel like jelly.

I can feel my mental block go down for a split second as I am hit with the hurt and the brokenness that came from loosing my baby, but having her here.

Being able to just walk out and touch her made them a hundred times stronger. I can hear the thundering of feet charging down the stairs, and I feel warm hands grab onto my waist.

They pull me back into a hard chest, and for once, I don't fight.

My back vibrates with the low growl coming from the Alpha behind me.

"David," Blake says through clenched teeth.

"Blake," David says, his eyes fixed on me.

"I didn't know you were planning on stopping by," Blake said, and I blink a couple times.

I am still stuck on processing that my baby was here, intact in front of me. I could just straddle her and take off to anywhere I want. No more having to carpool or beg to borrow other people's car.

"I wanted it to be a surprise," David says. "Steel?"

My eyes jerk up to meet his apologetic ones.

"I'm sorry." he says, and I can tell it was hard for him to say something so simple.

Alphas are very prideful, and hate when they are wrong.

My wolf is battling with herself, her compassionate side is arguing that he acted out of

anger and that all that really matters is that I have my baby back. Whereas, her inner sociopath is wanting to gut him right here and now for even acting against us.

I look between his worried and desperate eyes to my baby, and unconsciously lean farther into Blake.

"It's your choice, kitten," he says, brushing my hair from my shoulder, and tucking it behind my ear.

This out of character gesture is enough to shock me like pouring cold water over my whole body.

Was I seeking comfort from BLAKE? and is he giving it to me?

The world is officially ending.

It takes all of my strength to untangle Blake's arms from around me since I was confused as to why it felt so right.

I shake my head to clear it.

I turn to Alpha David, and he is fiddling with his thumb.

I tilt my head, observing him.

I blink at him before stepping up to him. Blake reaches out to me, and his hand catches my arm. He pulls me back to him, and wraps his arms around me.

He growls warningly at Alpha David, and Alpha David's eyes flit back and forth between the both of us.

"Am I missing something?" he asks, and he looks to Eric for answers.

Eric shrugs, but has a smirk on his face.

"Blake," I say, and he looks down at me with his blue eyes zoning in on my green ones.

"I'm sorry," he says, and buries his nose in my hair. It sure seemed a lot easier for him to say than David.

"It's okay," I say, stepping back from him, feeling uncomfortable.

A look of hurt and rejection passes through his eyes, but he suddenly straightens up and his eyes turn cold.