Chapter 38

*ALEX*

I mess around with Blake's radio. Switching from station to station, but I'm starting to get irritated since there are no songs playing. Only dumb people talking about nonesense. I sigh and rest my chin on the palm of my hand boredly.

I give up.

Chad reaches forward with his small fingers and turns the dial one more time.

Blake's head snaps over at Chad in horror so fast I felt the whiplash from where I sat in shock.

Blake's arm stretches out quick as lightning, but my hand moves on it's own accord.

I stay frozen with my small hand wrapped as much as it can around Blake's wrist.

Now all I have to do is wait.

Blake stares at me, almost daring me to do it.

My time has come.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard! And I'm like, it's better than yours! And damn right, it's. Better that yours!" I banshee shriek at the top of my lungs while doing a funky dance the best that I can with having a seat belt on and sitting down.

Chad looks at me with wide eyes before smiling widely.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard! And I'm like, it's. Better than yours!" My voice cuts off suddenly as Chad starts to sing and dance awkwardly like me.

I join in again, smiling widely.

"Chad!" Blake yells in surprise, and his voice comes out sounding a little harsh. "What do you think you are doing?" Blake says turning the radio off abruptly.

"Singing," Chad says in a quiet voice. "Steel was doing it."

"And if Steel asked you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?" Blake asks, clenching the steering wheel tightly.

I nudge Chad with my elbow to get his attention.

"Dude, if I ever asked you to jump off a bridge, it would be sometime before I hit the bottom." I say grinning wildly.

"You're not helping." Blake grits out.

"He's just jealous because our milkshakes bring dem to da yard," i whisper to Chad loud enough for Blake to hear.  A smile creeps onto my face when Blake growls as Chad giggles.

****

"Are we there yet," I ask, throwing on of my short legs onto the dashborad because they are falling asleep.

I wince as the painful pin pricks spread up my calf and thigh.

"Leg, why you do this to meeee?" I whine while closing my eyes and throwing an arm over them dramatically.

"Hey, hey, hey. Off the dashboard, now." Blake growls, eyeing my feet in displease.

"You're going to have to open your mouth a little wider next time you say something," I say cheekily.

"I said, get your legs off my dashboard, Steel" Blake says not waiting for me to comply as he forcibly takes them off. I rub my still throbbing legs with a grimace on my face as he wipes his dashboard gently.

"Sheesh, I was just messing around," I say, shooting him a glare.

"Whatever, do you have any water bottles in that backpack?" Blake asks, not bothering to ask if I was okay.

I was about to reply with, why thank you so much for the concern. I'm. Great thanks for asking. However, my thoat suddenly clogged up at the thought of the backpack.