Chapter 43

*Alex's POV*

Chad digs his way through the snow, and I follow close behind him. He is digging a trail around his snowman to protect him from strangers.

I watch his cheeks get rosy from the cold biting them as well as the tip of his nose and a soft smile graces my lips.

But then it is ruined by a hand touching my shoulder.

I spin and land a roundhouse kick to a person's very ripped torso.

The oxygen leaves the person's lungs with a harsh 'woosh'.

I watch the guy with mild amusement as he doubles over, then falls on his knees, and then curls into a fetal position on the floor.

I fight the urge to smirk at him as I drink in his attractiveness.

Pitch black hair, and grey eyes that were slightly crossed now from lack of oxygen.

He suddenly sucks in air greedily like a vortex. Looking like a bass out of water.

A very attractive bass.

As he breathes deeply, I say, "You realize I could've killed you in at least 30 different ways by now?"

Not a hint of humour in my tone

"God Steel! Nearly killed me!" This guy yells in a raspy tone that sends goosebumps speading on my arms.

"Do I know you?" I asks, glancing behind me as if by some chance there was another girl back there unfortunately also going by the name Steel.

He clears his throat as he gets himself up off the floor.

"Don't you remember me?" He asks, and I look him up and down. Trying my best to call up a name to his face.

"Nope," I say bluntly, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"You know.....from last year?" He asks with an uncomfortable look. "Alpha Caspian?"

Suddenly the memories come back to me from the time we shared together. And a blush spreads across my cheeks.

I'll just blame that on the cold.

"Oh...uh...hello again," I say with an awkward wave.

"Hi, um I just wanted to come over and see how you were doing?" He says.

"Oh, I'm doing great! Yeah just peachy, really." I say smiling at him.

Oh god this was awkward.

"Right well uh..... I found my mate." He says.

"Great! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you," I say a smile on my face so that he knows I mean it.

"Yeah she's perfect." He says, eyes glazing over.

"I'll bet," I say, knowing that she would be perfect in his eyes. That's how it was for mates.

I feel kind of bad for forgetting about him, but I was dealing with some stuff and yeah, it's normal.

We had a sorta budding relationship going on last year at the Hunt, and I was surprised that I didn't even feel a hint of jealousy towards Alpha Caspian's mate.

Don't get me wrong, Alpha Caspian is one good looking guy, but whereas he seemed out of this world gorgeous last year...he just seems a little....dull now.

I don't know if it's just me but his skin just doesn't have that glowing quality, and his black hair doesn't curl despite being a little overgrown. And his eyebrow doesn't arc upwards in a way that magically lets me know what he wants to say without really saying anything, and-wait.....am I still talking about Caspian?

He Had To Be An Alpha?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें