Chapter 26

*Alex's POV*

"Didn't you miss me?" Holton asks, batting his eyelashes annoyingly.

You don't even know how much I want to smack him right now.

"No." I reply curtly, and tuck a strand of stray hair that is bothering me behind my ear.

"Aw, not even a little bit? You haven't seen me since last week at the drag race. I KNOW I missed YOU, Steel." Holton says, huskily.

"Ew, barf." I comment while fake hurling over Blake's shoulder since he is holding onto me tightly-wedding style,

"Oh, I have something that might change your mind," Holton says, in a sing song voice. I raise an eyebrow at him, and he snaps his fingers. I mentally face palm myself.

Oh, you have got to be kidding me.

Two guys in matching black hoodies walk to either side of Holton, and I raise an eyebrow.

This is way too cliche for me, please lord, take me now,

"Well?" I ask impatiently.

"My, my, aren't we eager." Holton muses, and annoyingly taps his chin. He starts a cocky walk forward, and I lean more into Blake out of boredom. "I was just wondering if these belong to you." Holton says teasingly.

Did I lose something?

No, no I didn't, so what could he be talking about-

. . .

Oh god no.

"Chad? Daisy?" I breath as the two guys behind Holton shove the elementary schoolers in front of them.

I immediately shove myself out of Blake's arms, and stand with my teeth bared.

"Oh, now I have your attention?" Holton asks, holding a hand to his chest like he's offended. "How amusing." He sneers.

I stare at him silently with dagger eyes. I notice Holton's pupils dilate with fear, and smirk evilly.

"You see, Steel darling, I found these youngsters roaming around not far from here. They kept talking about where they could find FLOWERS?" Holton spits out like the word left a foul taste in his mouth.

Guilt settles in the back of my throat, and I swallow. That didn't help at all. I told them to look for flowers for me in the middle of winter and now they are crying for their moms, and it's all my fault.

"Oh, is that guilt I see there, Steel?" Holton mocks as he takes a step towards me.

"You better hope it is, cause the alternative is quite deadly," I spit out with murderous calm.

"Oh, but you see, darling. I don't think it is," Holton says, looking at his nails with disdain.

Come again?

"I don't think you're as murderous and bloodthirsty as the stories tell you to be," Holton continues, and cocks his hip out.

Stories? What stories?

"Oh, you didn't know?" Holton asks with fake innocence. "Shame," he chuckles darkly. "A tale for another time, but now? Now, I decide what to do with your little buddies here." Holton runs a clawed finger down Daisy's cheek-drawing blood.

I snarl at him in warning.

"Another scratch and you're going to wish you didn't have fingers," I growl in a demonic voice.

"Oh really?" Holton mocks with a bored tone, and pouts. "The Pack Warrior who breaks up cat fights, and makes emergency supermarket runs is going to beat me up? How convincing," Holton says sarcastically.