31

"It's Lee Sung Min."

Lee Sung Min.
So that was his name, the man who killed her parents.

"I've located him." Hyewon could hear the fast clicking sound of Jisung's mouse and keyboard over the phone. "He's on the outskirts of Gangnam."

Adrenaline pumped through her veins, finally getting the chance to face her parents' murderer head on.

"Right thanks Jisung I owe you one."
"No problem noona."

She hung up and dialed Mr Kim right after. "Gather everyone, we're heading somewhere."

_

The bright lights of restaurants and loud music coming from the clubs slowly faded away as she walked away from the lively atmosphere, following the directions she was given.

"Turn left here."
Jisung's voice came from her ear piece.

"Are you watching me right now?"
"Yup."
"Can't believe you hacked every surveillance cam in this area."

"What can I say, I'm just talented like that." Feeling him smirk, she chuckled, "alright Jisung."

From a distance, she could see two men as she went to hide behind a car.
"This is the right place right? It looks too easy to get into," Hyewon stated, observing the lazy looking guards in front of the fragile glass door which had a dirty steel handle placed horizontally in the middle of it.

"It's probably just to drive away any unwanted attention. There are quite a few of them inside."

"Ms Jang." She could hear Mr Kim through her ear piece too. "We'll head in first, you can stay safe behind."

"Okay let's go."

Her men swiftly took down the two guards, using one of their keycards to unlock the door. There were stairs that led down and they all carefully descended with Mr Kim in the front.

Many heads whipped towards their direction as they made their presences known. Fists and punches were thrown here and there, but they outnumbered them so the fight quickly ended with many of the guards groaning in pain on the ground.

They entered the next door expecting more people but it was empty. They hurriedly scanned through the room.
"Ms Jang it's empty."

"Jisung why is-"

"Wait behind you!" the boy exclaimed, but someone already had a gun pointed at Hyewon's head before anyone could react. Her men immediately aimed their guns up at whoever held her at gunpoint.

More guards started to fill the room, coming from wherever they were just now and there he was.

Lee Sung Min waltzed into the room.
"Well what seems to be going on here?"

"You." Hyewon scowled at him.

"And you are?"
To their surprise he signalled for his men to lower their weapons. "You look too young to be here."

"You'll pay for what you did."

"I'm sorry sweetie I'm still not following," he sneered, "you can come to my office and we can talk about whatever tantrum you're throwing right now."

Well yes, it was their turn to be outnumbered this time, but the fact that he seemed to see them as anything but a threat was pissing her off a lot.

She signed at Mr Kim for them to stay as she followed Sung Min who led her down a narrow and dimly lit corridor, fighting the urge to just shoot him right there and then.

"Becareful noona."
"Thanks," she whispered.

They entered the room at the end of the hallway and Sung Min walked behind his desk to sit in his chair. "So tell why you're here."

Hyewon scoffed.
"You killed my parents."

"You'll have to elaborate, I've killed too many people."

She stared at him with disgust and aversion before speaking, aggression in her tone. "The Jang family - what have my parents ever done to you?!"

"Ah!" The man sat up in his chair. "I remember."

He clasped his hands over his desk, letting out a low chortle. "Funny you're here. I actually sent my son to find you to finish you off but I guess he can never do anything right now can he."

"And when he went after the wrong target the first time, I guess he found joy in killing and this whole 537 murder thing started."

"What?" His sentence alarmed her.

"Like father like son."

Hyewon was beginning to lose her patience, hand resting on her gun. "What the fuck did you say?"

"That's right, my son is the one behind the 537 murders," Sung Min grinned. "Never thought I'd say this but I'm proud of him."

"You're sick, all of you."

"Well what are you going to do about it?"

Jisung interjected. "Lee Han Soo. That's his son, and apparently he works under the same management as your cop friend."

Her hand which was still on her gun, began to tremble under pressure of being right in front of the person who killed her parents, the person who took away her happy childhood.

"I'll kill you."

He raised an eyebrow at her, letting out a sigh. "I was going to let you go but you're irritating me."

"And since you're here I might as well finish you." He stood up, pulling out his gun and a gunshot immediately went off.

There was a moment of silence,
and then blood started to seep out.

_

Hyewon slowly opened her eyes, rubbing them as she adjusted to the bright morning light shining through her curtains.

She reluctantly got out of bed, lazily dragging her feet across the floor without bothering to change out of her pyjamas or brush her teeth.

Trudging down the stairs, the smell of eggs hit her nose and she quickly made her way into the kitchen.
"Oh goodness look at the state of her hair."

"Hyewon dear did you not take a shower?"

The girl rubbed her eyes again.
"Mom? Dad? What are you guys doing here?"

"We missed you."
Her mom smiled as she set the eggs onto the table. "Plus, our business trip ended early."

Hyewon hummed in response, sitting down and taking a bite out of the eggs.

"We should go out tomorrow, to just have a nice family day," her dad suggested, "and it's been so long since we've seen our Hyewon."

"Dad it's only been three days."
"Guess that's a very long time for your father."

He chuckled.
"I'm glad we're together again."