27

She followed the blood trail, heading up the stairs to her parents' bedroom.

Her heart thumped against her chest as she put her hand on the doorknob, slowly opening it.

There was blood everywhere- on the wall, on the floors, on the furniture. She let out a scream when her eyes laid on her lifeless parents' bodies, running over to them. "Mom? Dad? Wake up please!"

Why wasn't anyone coming to help? Where was Mr Kim?

She decided to go down to look for someone, but a tall dark figure stood in between her and the stairs.
The sudden appearance surprised her, making her lose balance as her feet made a wrong step, falling down the stairs.

Hyewon jolted awake.

She's been having nightmares lately, not getting a wink of sleep- it's not like she didn't want to, she just couldn't, so here she was at the park.

The wind relaxed her as it blew past, making the other swings next to her move back and forth.

Her legs kicked at the rocks beneath her feet before she pushed back, making her swing go higher. She swung for a while before it came to an abrupt stop. "What the f-"

"It's pretty late, what are you doing here?"

Her gaze travelled up to his face and it lingered there for a bit before she broke the eye contact, realising she probably looked like a mess; her hair up in a bun, a few strands sticking to her face due to her tear stained cheeks. "I could ask you the same."

"Well I got hungry," he pointed to the convenience store in the distance, "so I went and bought myself some food."

"Technically Jaemin bought them for me but meh." He took a seat on the swing beside her, grabbing onto the ropes. "I've told you why I'm out here, so what about you?"

Hyewon hesitated, afraid she'd sound stupid. "Um I just couldn't sleep."

"Nightmares?"
She staidly nodded her head.

"It's okay, it happens. I get them too, sometimes."

"You do?"

"Yea."

They sat in the silence, the only sound coming from the creaking of the swings and the wind.
She found it soothing, being in the prescence of someone else- since she's been alone for quite some time.
"I'm sorry by the way."

He tilted his head. "Huh? For what?"

"I couldn't do anything when they arrested you."

He didn't say anything so she continued, "I was scared, to be honest. If it wasn't for Taeyong I wouldn't know what would've happened to my life, so I didn't want to go against him or anything."

"It's okay I understand. He's okay I guess, even if he's a cop."

"What's your problem with them anyways?"

"That's a story for another day," he sighed, standing up as he offered her his hand.

"Come on Princess I'll walk you home."