40

Donghyuck had slammed his door shut, dropping his weight onto the bed as he thought about what the boy downstairs said.

Hyewon was upset.
She was upset because of him and it was only right that she was.

One part of him was relieved;
her being upset made him realise that someone does care about him, but it definitely would still be better if they weren't in this awkward situation with each other.

His words hurt her a couple of times back then, and they would always go back to normal after but Donghyuck wasn't sure if it'll be like that this time.

Feeling like an absolute ingrate, he decided to pull out his phone.

Hyewon

Hi i'm sry abt what i said last
night i didn't mean it |

Hi i'm sry abt what i said last|

Hi i'm sry|

H|

Hey can we talk? |

His finger hovered over the button, wondering if he should actually send it or not.

He hesistated as he thought about how she might be done or how she might not want to talk to him anymore, and it definitely seemed that way when she left.

"Ugh nevermind."
He deleted the text and finalised to just go out and clear his head.

Donghyuck cleaned himself up and was about to leave his room when he heard his window open.
His mind immediately went to Hyewon - the girl had always used to come in through his windows.

A perplexed look replaced his soft one as he noticed that the hand that grabbed onto his window sill was patently bigger than Hyewon's, and it certainly look like it was really damaged.

Right at that moment her name popped onto his screen as his phone rang and it fed deeper into his puzzlement.
He stared at it out of confusion, not picking up the call. What the hell?

"Aren't you going to answer that, loverboy?"

He snapped his head up to see the one person he did not want to be around.
Han Soo let out a sardonic laugh at Donghyuck's increasing anger.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!"

"I got rid of one of you, I might as well finish off the rest," he sneered, brushing his hands off against his pants.

The boy lunged at the intruder who manage to avoid the incoming punch.
He did not expect to fall over though, feeling his knees buckle as Donghyuck changed his approach and kicked his legs.

He stood over their escapee, boring his eyes into his but that smirk on his annoying face did not fall.

His phone started ringing again which threw him off focus, giving Han Soo just enough time to shift his weight and push Donghyuck towards the wooden shelf behind him.

Frames and other things fell off as he harshly clashed into it, creating a loud bang.

"I'm gonna kill you," Donghyuck grumbled as he pushed himself up.
His back throbbed due to the harsh collision that bruised him harder than he anticipated.

"I'd like to see you try kid."

"Call me kid one more time and I'll shove your attitude down your throat."

"Ooh an ambitious one."
Han Soo pulled the gun out from his waistband behind him and aimed it at Donghyuck.

His heart almost jumped out of his chest as a bullet flew past him, missing his head by an inch. He hid the fact that he was alarmed by letting out a mocking snort, his lips curling into a smirk.

"You missed."
"Oh shut up-"

The door swung open, Jisung stumbling inside after he heard the gunshot, worried something might've happened to Dunghyuck.
He was quick to regret stepping foot into the room after his eyes fell onto Han Soo.

"Uh sorry for intruding I'm going to leave now."
Before Jisung could run out, he was grabbed by the back of his collar and held in a chokehold, feeling the barrel of the gun hovering near the side of his head.

Donghyuck's breath hitched.
"Let him go."

"Why should I?"

Tears began to prick at the younger's eyes, fearing for his life. "Hyung..."

He glanced over to his bedside table all the way across from where they were.
There wouldn't be enough time for him to get his handgun that was in the drawer.

He looked back at Han Soo.
"What do you need?"

Right.
What does he even need?
His eyes wavered, gaze darting in multiple directions.

Donghyuck took notice of this, wondering why such a simple question could get a reaction out of him as he tried to inch closer to them.

Han Soo snapped his focus back upon feeling Donghyuck's movements and tightened his grip on Jisung, the gun now resting on his forehead, making him whimper at the cold contact of the weapon.

"I'll let him go if you tell the cops to back off."

"Shouldn't have killed all those people in the first place."

"Doesn't matter now."

"Just let him go."
Donghyuck slowly took small steps foward as the two backed up towards the door's threshold.

"I said I will if everyone leaves me the hell alone."

"You know we can't do that."

Han Soo chuckled, holding the gun tighter. "Alright then."

Donghyuck's eyes widened before he shut them, turning his head to the side when the gunshot went off, hearing a thud as a body hit the floor.

sorry i haven't posted in a while ;-;