20

Hyewon let out a sigh of content as she closed the laptop and leaned back in her chair.
Jaemin blinked a few times. "Are we finally done?"

"I'm going home!"
She stretched, standing up to grab her stuff. "We better get an A on this- it's like, top quality."

"Do you want me to walk you out?"

"Nah it's okay, and I know you're lazy, stop acting."

"You got me." He hopped into his bed, crossing his legs and picking up his phone. "I'll see you in school."

Hyewon hummed in response, exiting his room.

She didn't leave from the windows like she used to, remembering how chaotic that was.
It was only because she was too lazy to go through the guards at the front door, but they recognise her now.

Her hands were already on the door, about to push them open and step out onto the streets- all she wanted was a long bath after the intense report writing with Jaemin,
but the sound of screaming stopped her.

Her eyes travelled to the set of stairs that led down to the basement.

She knew it was none of her business but the cries seemed more worried than scared, and that disconcerted her.

She made her way down, assuming it was Donghyuck doing his 'business' and the voice that came next confirmed it.

"Oh shut the fuck up."

A bullet suddenly pierced through the wall, flying right past her face. She narrowed her eyes at the hole he created, getting angry at the fact that he almost killed her.

She wanted to barge into the room but the man who she heard the cries from started talking again.

Her feet stopped right in front of the door, listening in.

"Please I have a son at home."

"So? He can live without you, can't he?"

"No please.."

"Well I personally don't think your son would want a dad who goes to the club all night, trying to get other women," he chuckled.
"What about his mom?"

Hyewon put her ear closer to the door, only hearing silence.

"Uh huh that's what I thought."

Her eyes widened at the sound of him cocking the gun, immediately pushing the door open to interfere before that bullet goes into anything else- but she was too late and he already pulled the trigger.

She watched the man's body go limp, darting her gaze towards Donghyuck.

His breath hitched when they made eye contact, putting his hand down along with the gun.
"What the fuck are you doing here?"

She pointed at the dead man.
"Why did you kill him?"

He scoffed, taking steps closer to her.
"Why wouldn't I kill him?"

"Didn't you hear him?" She knitted her eyebrows together, emotions piling up.
"He said he had a son!"

"Why can't you just mind your own business?" He started to walk away, only to be pulled back by Hyewon.

She was mad- she didn't know who the man was but something in her was fuelling her fire and Donghyuck's stubborn attitude wasn't helping at all. "I'm not done-"

"Well I am, I'm fucking done." Donghyuck pushed her hand off him, gesturing towards the man he just killed.
"He's a shit father and no kid needs a dad like that."

"But you can't just kill whoever you want like that."

"I kinda just did." A smug look crawled up to his face, making the girl shake her head and give up as she stormed towards the door.

"Ha you don't even know how it feels like to not have a dad."
He wasn't expecting her to hear what he said but she did anyways.

"What did you just say?"

It hurt her.

It really did- but it's not like he knew that so he said it louder for her once more.
"I said you don't know how it feels like to live without a dad."

His complacent expression quickly softened when he saw her eyes glaze over.
He hurt tons of people before but when he saw Hyewon's tears threatening to spill, he somehow felt guilt.

He couldn't even stop her from leaving, realizing that they haven't made up from the last time he snapped at her and now he did it again.

He let his shoulders slump, sighing out in frustration.

"Fuck why do I even care?"